Survey Sees Murky Future for Exchanges
- Tokyo Exchange to Guarantee Cash, Derivatives Trades. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;05/03/99, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p27
Reports that Japan-based Tokyo Stock Exchange began to guarantee Japanese cash and derivatives trades on the exchange to reduce counterparty risk for market participants as of May 3, 1999. Reasons for the exchange's assumption of the role as a central counterparty.
- New Greek Derivatives Exchange Signs Up 28 Members. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;05/03/99, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p30
Reports on the launch of the Greece-based Athens Derivatives Exchange as of May 3, 1999. Number of members accepted by the exchange; Criteria for membership.
- MATIF volume down 23%, returns to '93 levels. // Pensions & Investments;1/22/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the low trading volume on the Paris, France-based derivatives exchange Marche a Terme International de France (MATIF) in 1995. Factors that contributed to the fallout; Rising volume experienced by Pibor; Introduction of currency options; Percentage of decline in notional futures and...
- Eurex begins offering STOXX 50 futures contracts. // Pensions & Investments;5/1/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p15
Announces Europe-based derivatives exchange Eurex's start of offering of futures contracts based on the Dow Jones STOXX 50 and the Dow Jones EURO STOXX 50 indexes in the United States in April 2000.
- Euronext's Decision. Clarke, Jeremy // Securities Industry News;12/11/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the plans of Euronext, the stock exchange formed by the merger of three European exchanges, to select a derivatives platform. Systems currently used in the exchange's locations; Selection criteria for the derivatives platform.
- Back to the futures. // Business Mexico;Dec1998/Jan1999, Vol. 8/9 Issue 12/1, p6
Focuses on the scheduled opening of Mexico's derivatives market on December 15, 1998. Strategic launching during a period of artificial calm.
- Weather derivatives to see daylight. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr99, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the Illinois-based Chicago Mercantile Exchange's plan to offer trading on temperature-related weather derivatives. Features of the derivatives product.
- It's routine, really! // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug2002, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p16
Discusses the rumor that the Malaysia Derivatives Exchange (MDEX) acted to restrict speculative trading by a member's customer. Justification of the exchange on the order to limit trading activity; Reaction of MDEX chief executive officer Zaha Rina on the rumor.
- POLITICS NUDGE GOLDEN GOOSE. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the plan to move all Korean Stock Exchange (KSE) listed derivatives to the Busan, South Korea-based Korean Futures Exchange (Kofex). Reactions that the decision is a political move due to the political importance of Busan, South Korea; Negative reactions of the KSE and foreign...