- Cutting the vagus nerve. Ratnapalan, Savithiri // Canadian Family Physician;May2008, Vol. 54, p748
A personal narrative is presented which explores how a clinician-teacher was able to teach her students the importance of research in medicine.
- PUBLIC TRAINING PROGRAMS IN CANADA: A META-E VALUATION. Hum, Derek; Simpson, Wayne // Canadian Journal of Program Evaluation;Spring2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p119
Canada has a history of training individuals for the labour market, and substantial research has accumulated concerning the effectiveness of training programs. There have been many evaluations of public training programs in Canada, both summative and formative, in the last two decades. What have...
- POLICE DRUGS TRAINING ACTIVITIES: AN INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVE. Ellis, Thomas; Denney, David; Nee, Claire; Loveday, Barry; Betts, Penny // Police Journal;Jun2001, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p134
The article discusses research on police drugs training activities in an international perspective. The United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI) has carried out the research in 8 countries including Brazil, Canada and Germany. The study found that the tendency...
- FUTURES FUNDS FEMINISTS. // Herizons;Winter2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p11
Reports the establishment of The Women's Futures Fund in Canada. Details on the volunteer training; Membership of the organization; Contact information.
- Clinical/research residency programs for the clinician. Philipson, Eliot A. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p259
Focuses on the clinical and residency programs for clinician scientist in Canada. Models for integration of clinical and research training; Disadvantages of the several training models; Considerations for the improvement of training programs.
- The Importance of RESEARCH VESSELS. Brown, Thomas J.; Fudge, Susan B.; Rose, George A. // Journal of Ocean Technology;Jun-Sep2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p28
The article discusses why research vessels are important. According to the authors, research vessels are important because they are being used in ocean research. The authors note that gaining knowledge about the state of the oceans is necessary to guide ocean policies and improve ocean...
- Futures Research and Strategic Foresight in Canada: An Overview. Nelson, Ruben // Future Times;2006, Vol. 1, p16
Presents an overview of futures research and strategic foresight in Canada. Three sentences that capture the core of the Canadian experience with futures research and strategic foresight; Difference between futures research and strategic foresight; Definition of strategic foresight.
- AMIGOS-OCLC Support Research and Training. // Information Today;Oct1993, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p31
The article states that AMIGOS Bibliographic Council Inc. and OCLC Online Computer Library Center Inc. are offering complimentary copies of OCLC/AMIGOS Collection Analysis CD (CACD), version 2.01, to accredited library schools in the U.S. and Canada. CACD is an innovative collection assessment...
- Task force urges medical school networking. Skura, Elyse // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/13/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 10, pE437
The article focuses on report of the National Task Force on the Future of Canada's Academic Health Sciences Centres regarding its medical performance in Canada. It states that the report urges for deeper integration of medical schools and of the regional health bodies in the country while...
- Highlights. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/4/2016, Vol. 188 Issue 14, p1014
The article presents abstracts on medical topics such as one on the depression in Parkinson disease patients in Canada and one on the training for basic science research.