- Venlafaxine (Effexor): concerns about increased risk of fatal outcomes in overdose. Deshauer, Dorian // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;1/2/2007, Vol. 176 Issue 1, p39
The article reports on the change in the prescribing information for venlafaxine. The manufacturer of venlafaxine has changed its prescribing information for the antidepressant based on concerns of increased risk of death in cases of overdose. It is considered to be more toxic in overdose than...
- Effexor label revised due to overdose incidents. // Drug Topics;11/20/2006, Vol. 150 Issue 22, p10
The article reports on a revision to the Overdosage/Human Experience section of the prescribing information for Effexor venlafaxine from Wyeth. The revision follows reports of overdose which occurred in the postmarketing period. According to Wyeth, the incidents occurred predominantly in...
- Overdose of Venlafaxine with Mild Outcome. Fischer, Matthias; Unterecker, Stefan; Pfuhlmann, Bruno // Neuroscience & Medicine;Dec2012, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p327
The antidepressant venlafaxine in overdose can lead to serotonin syndrome, seizures, QTc interval prolongation and can increase the risk of cardiac arrhythmias. It has been reported to be more toxic in overdose than other new antidepressants. We report a case of venlafaxine intoxication with a...
- Fluoxetine/venlafaxine overdose. // Reactions Weekly;2/4/2012, Issue 1387, p19
The article describes the case of a 27-year-old woman who developed cardiogenic shock and serotonin syndrome after an overdose of fluoxetine (Prozac) and venlafaxine (Effexor LP).
- Preventing opioid overdoses in Europe: a critical assessment of known risk factors and preventative measures. Giraudon, Isabelle; Vicente, Julián // Drugnet Europe;Oct-Dec2012, Issue 80, p7
The article offers information on a study linking risk factors to opioid overdoses and the measures to be considered to lessen fatal outcomes.
- Venlafaxine overdose. // Reactions Weekly;1/14/2012, Issue 1384, p57
The article describes the case of a 52-year-old woman with a depressive disorder who developed fatal toxicities following an overdose of venlafaxine, in a suicide attempt.
- Product Update. // Journal of Psychosocial Nursing & Mental Health Services;Aug2006, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p10
The section presents updates about several drugs. A clinical trial revealed that Effexor XRÂ®, a venlafaxine extended release, helps prevent new episodes of depression for 2 years in patients with major depression. The U.S. Food and Drug approved WellbutrinÂ® for the prevention of major...
- NICE revising SSRI guidance. // Pulse;1/18/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on the revision on the National Institute for Clinical Excellence guidelines for selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in Great Britain. These revisions designed that enable to modify and include more full-bodied precautions on use of venlafaxine after concerns about the...
- Mileposts. Foley, Denis // Impaired Driving Update;Spring2014, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p25
This section offers news briefs. A study on the association of drug use by drivers found that drug use is associated with increased risk of fatal crash involvement especially in combination with alcohol. It cites a study which found that changing the way police respond to drug-related overdose...
- Initiative overkill. White, Bob // Director;Jun98, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p21
Opinion. Focuses on the risk for companies in Great Britain to overdose on business initiatives. Increase in the number of organizations that are concerned about losing control of their initiative programs; Increase in the number of under-resourced initiatives that are being launched.