- The authors reply. Papasavas, P. K.; Landreneau, R. J. // Surgical Endoscopy;Oct2005, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1424
Presents a reply to a letter to the editor paraesophageal hernias.
- Abdominal Pain After Chicken with Pea Pods. Smedley, Michelle V.; Korsten, Mark A. // Cortlandt Forum;5/25/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p83
Presents a case of a patient with hiatal hernias. Symptoms of paraesophageal hernia; Treatment for symptomatic hernia; Risks of cancer.
- Paraesophageal hernia. Varghese, Joye; Jayanthi, Venkataraman // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;1/2/2007, Vol. 176 Issue 1, p38
The article presents information on paraesophageal hernia. Paraesophageal hernia refers to the condition when a portion of the gastric fundus herniates through the diaphragm along the distal esophagus. It is asymptomatic but associated with other disorders. It differs from sliding hiatus hernia....
- Congenital Paraesophageal Hernia with Intrathoracic Gastric Volvolus in Two Sisters. Al-Salem, Ahmed H. // ISRN Surgery;2011, Special section p1
Congenital paraesophageal hernia is rare in infants and children. This paper describes our experience with seven infants and children with congenital paraesophageal hernia with emphasis on two sisters who presented with unusually large paraesophageal hernias and herniation of most of the stomach...
- Topic: Hiatal Hernia - New approaches. Park, J.; Sul, J.; Kawaguchi, M.; Nagahama, T.; Gannno, H.; Ami, K.; Ando, M.; Arai, K.; Dorado, E. // Hernia;Apr2015 Supplement, Vol. 19, pS223
The article presents abstracts of several research papers on hiatal hernia including congenital paraesophageal hernia treated with laparoscopic surgery, surgical repair for hiatal hernia and biological mesh for laparoscopic hiatal hernia repair.
- Management of acute paraesophageal herniaâ€™. Hussain, Abdulzahra; Singhal, Tarun; Aravind, Biju; Chandra, Aninda; El-Hasani, Shamsi // Surgical Endoscopy;Dec2009, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p2858
A letter to the editor, in response to the article "Management of acute paraesophageal hernia," published in a previous issue of the journal, is presented.
- Gastrik volvulus ile birlikte paraÃ¶zefageal herni, Morgagni hernisi ve karaciÄŸer kisti: nadir gÃ¶rÃ¼len bir akut batÄ±n tablosu. Gündüz, Metin; Yurtçu, Müslim; Günel, Engin // Gulhane Medical Journal;Jun2011, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p133
Gastric volvulus may develop primarily as a result of looseness or lack of gastric ligaments or secondarily to paraesophageal or diaphragmatic hernias. Gastric volvulus associated with paraesophageal hernia, Morgagni hernia, and liver cyst is a very rare cause of acute abdomen, and requires...
- Current Management of Paraesophageal Hernia. KEHDY, FARID // American Surgeon;Dec2011, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p1565
The article presents a study that deals with the management and repair of a medical disorder known as paraesophageal hernia. It highlights the lack of evidence-based studies that compare the different recommendations and approaches for this disorder. It discusses controversies and complications...
- SURGICAL PEARLS: Techniques in Bariatric Surgery. ARMSTRONG, CHRISTOPHER; NGUYEN, NINH T. // Bariatric Times;Nov2012, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p8
The article offers information on the techniques of performing laparoscopic hiatal hernia repair. It mentions that paraesophageal hiatal hernia is related to gastroeosphageal reflux. It offers information various categories of hiatal hernias including sliding hiatal hernia (type I),...
- Laparoscopic Repair of Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernias. Fisichella, Piero M.; Patti, Marco G. // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Aug2008, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p629
The advent of minimally invasive techniques has brought about a shift in the operative approach of patients with paraesophageal hiatal hernia. Today, the laparoscopic repair of a paraesophageal hiatal hernia has almost completely replaced the open approach through either a laparotomy or a left...