- SOME CANCERS ARE STEM CELL DISEASES. // Wellness Options;2005, Issue 19, p27
Discusses research on cancer, stem cells and cancer stem cells. Outcome of the division and mutation of stem cells; Implications of cancer stem cells for cancer treatment; Effect of bone marrow stem cells on the stomach.
- miRNA-regulated cancer stem cells: understanding the property and the role of miRNA in carcinogenesis. Chakraborty, Chiranjib; Chin, Kok-Yong; Das, Srijit // Tumor Biology;Oct2016, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p13039
Over the last few years, microRNAs (miRNA)-controlled cancer stem cells have drawn enormous attention. Cancer stem cells are a small population of tumor cells that possess the stem cell property of self-renewal. Recent data shows that miRNA regulates this small population of stem cells. In the...
- Targeting Cancer Stem Cell Lines as a New Treatment of Human Cancer. Giuffrida, Domenica; Rogers, Ian M. // Recent Patents on Anti-Cancer Drug Discovery;Nov2010, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p205
Many studies have demonstrated that most cancers are clonal and are maintained by a cancer stem cell. Cancer stem cells have been identified in blood, breast, brain, lungs, gastrointestinal, prostate and ovarian cancer. Under normal homeostasis tissue specific stem cell division would be under...
- Liver Cancer Stem Cells as an Important Target in Liver Cancer Therapies. Gang-Ming Zou // Anti-Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry;2010, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p172
Hepatic cancer is one of most common cause of cancer-related death. Hepato-epithelial cancers are believed to originate from the malignant transformation of liver-resident stem/progenitor cells. Liver cancer stem cells have been characterized recently and the phenotype of liver cancer stem cells...
- Research Highlights. // Nature Medicine;Mar2009, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p256
The article offers news briefs related to science researches. New findings suggest that cells thought to seed tumor growth, cancer stem cells, might resist radiation treatment on cancer because they deflect damage from reactive oxygen species. Researchers have found out that calcium channels...
- A new red line. // Discover;Nov99, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p40
Reports on researches on the regeneration of stem cells for cancer patients who undergo chemotherapy.
- Cancer and Stem Cells. Tahara, Eiichi // Current Cancer Therapy Reviews;2008, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p166
The article introduces a series of articles on the application of stem cells to cancer research.
- Hetero-cellular interaction between cancer cells and stem cells in cancer metastasis. El Saghir, Jamal; Bazarbachi, Ali; Kfoury, Youmna; El-Sabban, Marwan // Retrovirology;Jan2011 Supplement 1, Vol. 8, pA173
An abstract of the research paper titled,"Hetero-cellular interaction among cancer cells and stem cells in cancer metastasis," is presented.
- Mouse Models for Cancer Stem Cell Research. Le Cheng; Ramesh, Anirudh V.; Flesken-Nikitin, Andrea; Choi, Jinhyang; Nikitin, Alexander Yu. // Toxicologic Pathology;Jan2010, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p62
The cancer stem cell concept assumes that cancers are mainly sustained by a small pool of neoplastic cells, known as cancer stem cells or tumor initiating cells, which are able to reproduce themselves and produce phenotypically heterogeneous cells with lesser tumorigenic potential. Cancer stem...
- Cell Cancer stem cells made, not born. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/23/2011, Vol. 21, p182
The article reports on the research findings which revealed that targeting the cancer stem cells alone could not totally fight cancer.