- Oerc cancels tariff hearing amid protests. // FRPT- Energy Snapshot;2/15/2015, p63
The article reports on cancellation of public hearing proceeding by the Odisha Electricity Regulatory Commission after protesters demanded a probe by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India and presents views of Panchanan Kanungo, chairman Electricity Consumers Association, on the same.
- Auditor-General slams regulatory regime. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;1/2/2007, Vol. 176 Issue 1, p22
The article reports on the criticisms of Auditor-General Sheila Fraser to the management of the regulatory programs of Health Canada. Fraser questioned Health Canada's process and principles for the management of its regulatory program. She added that such deficient management would likely...
- 'Fulham's season has been a disaster'. // Evening Standard;2/28/2014, p72
Mark Schwarzer slams new regime on eve of his return EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW PAGES 70&71
- New Scottish audit chief wants power over water. Thatcher, Mike // Public Finance;09/17/99, p7
Reveals that Scotland's auditor general Bob Black wants officials of water utilities to lose the freedom to appoint their own auditors. Confirmation of Black by a vote of the Scottish Parliament; Proposal for a consistent audit regime across all the devolved budget of the Scottish Parliament.
- Satra ducks bombs. Laing, Robert // Finance Week;08/13/99, p52
Informs on an Auditor-General special audit of the South Africa Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (Satra) which Satra councilors are allegedly trying to divert attention from. Drawing of parallels between Satra and the financial mismanagement uncovered at the Independent Broadcasting...
- Oversight of medical device safety and effectiveness remains inadequate. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/12/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 10, pE651
The article reports on the inadequacy of the oversight of medical device safety and effectiveness in Canada. According to the office of the Auditor General of Canada, Health Canada failed to meet its legislative and regulatory obligations in overseeing medical device. It notes that Health Canada...
- Bourn denies claims he is quitting as NAO head. Thatcher, Mike // Public Finance;10/22/99, p4
Reports on Sir John Bourn's denial of the alleged intention to resign as head of Great Britain's National Audit Office. Appointment as chairman of the Review Board of the accountancy profession's independent regulatory system; Responsibilities in the new job; Comptroller and auditor general...
- Delhi discoms demand 20 per cent hike in power tariff. // FRPT- Energy Snapshot;4/19/2015, p54
The article focuses on the request made by power distribution companies in Delhi, India to Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) for increase in tariff due to rise in cost of power procurement, and talks of political party Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and Comptroller and Auditor General.
- Obama's 'red line' on Syria: An Iraq-like 'slam dunk' moment? Knickerbocker, Brad // Christian Science Monitor;4/27/2013, pN.PAG
For President Obama, the Syrian regime's possible use of chemical weapons brings with it a political dilemma that can be summed up in two words: "Slam dunk."
- Chopra fined over f-word training rant. // Evening Standard;1/ 7/2014, p60
MICHAEL CHOPRA was fined Â£10,000 by Blackpool today after an expletive-laden tweet slamming the club's training regime.