- Furor over proposed offshore teleradiology. Mackay, Brad // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;1/2/2007, Vol. 176 Issue 1, p21
The article reports on the debate over the proposal to use offshore teleradiology. The proposal for offshore teleradiology, which is supported by Canadian Association of Radiologist (CAR) CEO Norman Laberge, has caused furor, particularly among members of the Ontario Association of Radiologists....
- You can take this to the bank. Wells Jr., Charles B. // Insurance Advocate;01/17/98, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the furor over banks' plans to join the insurance business. Opportunity to expand business for banks; American Bankers Association's stance on the proposal.
- SIDES SPAR OVER HUDSON'S PCB PLAN. Angelo, William J.; Armistead, Thomas E. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/18/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 24, p12
Reports on the furor over the federal government's proposal for General Electric Co. to dredge the Hudson river in New York State. Plan to remove polychlorinated biphenyls discharged into the river by plants; Provisions under the proposed dredging plan.
- Stamp approval? // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec94, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p16
Reports on the furor raised over the plan to impose customs duties on gold bar imports to the United States. Opposition expressed by industry officials to proposed 7.8% duty; Effect of raising price of gold.
- Letter: Vaccine shortage due to pharmacist's role. Patel, Suriakant // GP: General Practitioner;1/20/2006, p45
A letter to the editor is presented about the furore over the vaccination of the fit and the healthy by physicians.
- Stone, thrown, bounces back. // Earth Island Journal;Fall92, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the Honduran government's cancellation of Stone Container Corp.'s plan to log more than two and a half million acres of Honduran pine forests over the forty years starting 1992. International furor over the logging plan; Stone Container's resubmission of the same proposal which was...
- Teleradiology. Wright, Richard; Loughrey, Claire // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/27/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6991, p1392
Discusses the implications of teleradiology in the medical profession. Prevalence of teleradiology; Uses of teleradiology; Three areas of development in teleradiology.
- Hong Kong creates pension system. Brevetti, Francine // Pensions & Investments;8/21/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p14
Reports on the Hong Kong Legislative Council's approval of legislation creating a mandatory retirement system. Terms of the mandatory pension fund; Exemptions; Choice of investment vehicles for employers; Creation of a mandatory provident fund authority to monitor the system; Arguments by...
- PCUSA re-imagines church budget. // Christian Century;5/18/94, Vol. 111 Issue 17, p522
Reports on the plan by the Presbyterian Church (USA) to reexamine its budget following its congregation's protest over the church's involvement in a feminist theology conference. Amount of 1994 budget; Proposed budget for 1995; Background on the 1993 Re-Imaging Conference in Minneapolis,...
- Marriage a la mode. Milne, Kirsty // New Statesman & Society;05/03/96, Vol. 9 Issue 401, p21
Focuses on the political furor over the family law bill in Great Britain. Division among Labour Party members on the issue; Tory's proposed amendment to extend the compulsory predivorce waiting period from 12 to 18 months; Differences in the family policies of the Labour and Tory parties.