Tech Finds New Thing: Leverage
- Western Digital Expands Recently Acquired Thai Plants. Lyster, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;4/12/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p41
Reports on the developments in high-technology industries in California as of April 2004. Plan of Lake Forest disk driver maker Western Digital Corp. for an expansion at its Thailand plants; Engagement of Irvine-based chipmaker Broadcom Corp. in a battle between two Chinese contract by chip...
- Technology To Surf The Debt Superhighway In 2007. G. S. // Bank Loan Report;12/11/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p1
The article presents information on a report from Fitch Ratings Inc. that revealed that total debt in the high technology industry is expected to reach a record level in 2007. This phenomenon is new for the companies in the technology sectors, because founders of these companies have grown them...
- Ideas to use in a resolution to give your business a boost. Dawson Jr., Fred // Inside Tucson Business;12/31/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p18
The article provides information and recommendations on updating business plans for 2008 in Arizona. The author's recommendations include reducing debt and studying company's monthly financial statements. It also offers information about the importance of accurate and timely financial statements...
- XO plots out restructuring options. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;5/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p23
Reports on the debt restructuring options of XO Communications Inc. Details of the stand alone business plan of XO; Stakes of XO investors in the proposed business plan; Net loss incurred by XO in the first quarter of 2002 ending March 31.
- Lean, mean and ready for the future. HOOD, DANIEL // Accounting Today;11/16/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p30
The article looks at the performance of "Accounting Today's" top technology companies in the U.S. in 2009 and how they are preparing for the year ahead. According to the author, a fifth on the list saw modest declines in revenue. Jeff Roth, chief executive officer (CEO) of Sage reseller SWK...
- Avaya buyout comes with plenty of risk. Greene, Tim; Hochmuth, Phil // Network World;6/11/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p6
The article discusses the risk associated with the acquisition of corporate telecommunication gear seller Avaya by private equity firms TPG Capital and Silver Lake Partners. The sale of Avaya is one of the growing number of acquisitions of technology companies. Its privatization can cause...
- Local Tech Scene Faring Better Than Most Areas. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;1/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the business state of high technology industries in San Diego, California. Strategy of employee retrenchment; Reduction in the operating cost; Barriers to the business growth of technology companies.
- Tech Products: Tenacity and good business sense. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;9/13/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p70
Reports the plans for expansion by Tech Products subsidiaries in Puerto Rico. Expectations on company sales accompanying the expansions; Exploration of ways in serving clients; Maintenance of tenacity in facing adversity.
- Venture Quest Survivors Reach Last Challenge. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;03/26/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the third and final phase of the Great Lakes Venture Quest (GLVQ) competition, Michigan's first high-tech business plan competition organized by a coalition of venture funds, private companies and public institutions. Major sponsors of the competition; Activities during the...