Rising Costs Prompt Shift in Wind Power
- Goldman to Handle Cigna Pension Biz Sale. // American Banker;7/31/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 146, p20
States that Cigna Corp. hired Goldman Sachs Group Inc. to arrange the sale of its pension business. Amount of retirement assets the unit manages; Reason for the sale, according to Al Copersino, Columbia Management Group analyst.
- Cytec weighing sale of acrylic business. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/9/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 91, p14
States that Cytec Industries is considering selling its acrylic fibers business. Cytec's retention of Goldman, Sachs & Company; Information on Cytec; Statement by Kumar Shah, vice president of corporate development at Cytec.
- Supplier briefs. // PPI Pulp & Paper Week;9/12/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p5
The article reports on the completion of the acquisition of private owned company Flint Group by Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division and Koch Equity Development.
- UTILITIES: Another wind farm rises. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p13A
The article reports on the operation of a new wind farm by Horizon Wind Energy LLC in Brookston, northwestern Indiana. It states that the Meadow Lake I Wind Farm can generate about 200 megawatts and can power 60,000 average size homes every year. It notes that Horizon intends to build the second...
- Avista's Business-to-Business Unit Should Easily Sell. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;04/17/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p5
Reports that Avista Corp. has retained Goldman Sachs to explore strategic alternatives, including a possible sale of its business-to-business unit, Avista Advantage (AVA). Worth of Avista's market capitalization; Speculation on the interest of Bill Gates, top executive of Microsoft, on AVA;...
- Strong Said to Hire Goldman, Mull Sale. Wire reports // American Banker;12/4/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 232, p18
Menomone Falls, Wisconsin-based Strong Financial Corp., whose founder quit as its chief amid a regulatory probe, has hired Goldman Sachs Group Inc. to help it sell itself, people familiar with the situation said. Richard Strong, who owns at least 85% of Strong, announced his resignation as its...
- UFJ Said to Be Selling Unit to Goldman. Bloomberg News // American Banker;3/7/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 44, p23
Reports that UFJ Holdings Inc. plans to sell its CMA commercial lending unit to Goldman Sachs Group Inc. to meet government requirements on bad loans.
- Massey Taps Advisor, Second Virginia Coal Co. in Six Months. J. R. C. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/9/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p4
The article reports that Massey Energy Co. selected Goldman Sachs to assist with evaluating strategic options in a $1.6 billion market capitalization. Massey sold its 5.5 million tons of Falcon reserves for $31 million to a private coal company. The Falcon reserves can expand to 17 million tons...
- Getty Finds Buyer. J. M. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/3/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the sale of Getty Images, a player in the visual content and digital media space sector, to private equity firm Hellman & Friedman. The transaction, valued at $2.4 billion, pulls out the company from the public market where it was criticised by analysts due to its...