Safe Home

Zipser, Henry P.
November 2006
Guideposts;Nov2006, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p12
The article focuses on a family who nearly met with tragedy of carbon monoxide poisoning after their furnace malfunctioned. It mentions that a helicopter has been sent to take the family to a hospital in Fort Wayne, Indiana. It is said that the family was fortunate that there are people who are looking after them.


Related Articles

  • San Marcos: Inspection By SDG&E Can Be a Lifesaver. Randolph, Ned // San Diego Business Journal;2/11/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p16 

    The article reports on the significant role played by the San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) Co. in addressing carbon monoxide poisoning in San Marcos, California. SDG&E carry out an inspection for possible malfunctioning of gas furnaces which will help families prevent incidents of poisoning. It...

  • Do Gas Furnaces Create A Significant Carbon Monoxide Threat? Wheeler, Jim // Supply House Times;Feb2005, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p77 

    The article questions the significance of carbon monoxide threat posed by gas furnaces. He affirms that a lot of people are far more concerned about the threat of deadly carbon monoxide coming from natural gas furnaces than they should be, because an 80+ annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE)...

  • Unintentional Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Colorado, 1986 through 1991. Cook, Magdalena; Simon, Paul A.; Hoffman, Richard E. // American Journal of Public Health;Jul1995, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p988 

    Unintentional carbon monoxide poisonings were identified through death certificates, by hyperbaric chambers, and by laboratories required to report carboxyhemoglobin levels greater than 12% . From 1986 to 1991, 981 cases were reported, including 174 deaths. Deaths most often resulted from...

  • Carbon Killer. Fraser, Stephen // Current Health 2;Jan2005, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p29 

    Focuses on the causes of carbon monoxide poisoning.

  • Carbon Monoxide Warning.  // Medical Update;Nov99, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p5 

    Reports on the warning of experts regarding the increase in the danger of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

  • HOME-HEATING HORROR. Lutz, Brobson // New Orleans Magazine;Nov2002, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p34 

    Discusses the health effects of carbon monoxide. Information on carbon monoxide poisoning; Example of carbon monoxide poisoning; Possible sources of carbon monoxide in the household; Possible solutions to residential carbon monoxide.

  • Incidence and Causes of Carbon Monoxide Intoxication: Results of an Epidemiologic Survey in a French Department. Conso, F.; Korach, J.M.; Chevret, S.; Raphael, J.C.; Pasteyer, J.; Elkharrat, D.; Lanata, E.; Geronimi, J.L.; Chastang, C.J. // Archives of Environmental Health;Nov/Dec91, Vol. 46 Issue 6 

    Estimates the incidence, mortality and causes of carbon monoxide intoxication in France. Contribution of fires and car exhausts to intoxication; Mechanisms of intoxication; Signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

  • I'm Mad As Hell Over CO Poisoning Deaths. Hall, John // Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration News;3/25/2002, Vol. 215 Issue 13, p27 

    Focuses on the carbon monoxide poisoning in Michigan. Cause of the poisoning; Preventive measures of poisoning; Suggestions for the dissemination of carbon monoxide awareness.

  • Lili's Survivors Suffer CO Poisoning. Norland, Jim // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/14/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 7, p4 

    Reports on cases of carbon monoxide poisoning in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Home appliances which can become conduits for carbon monoxide; Information about the safe operation of portable generators; Association of carbon monoxide poisoning with home generator use during power failures caused by...


Read the Article


Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics