TRENDS IN AMERICAN SOCIAL HISTORY AND THE POSSIBILITIES OF BEHAVIORAL APPROACHES
- THE LOGISTIC GROWTH OF POLITICAL AREAS. Hart, Hornell // Social Forces;May48, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p396
Logistic trends have been explored extensively in the fields of population, economic developments, and inventions. As yet, however, almost no research has been published dealing with another widely prevalent embodiment of logistic surges-namely, that which can be shown to exist in the growth of...
- Assessment of an Attempt at a System of Social Indicators. Klages, Helmut // Policy Sciences;Sep1973, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p249
Following the publication in 1968 of Indicators of Social Change, a relatively large number of papers and books have appeared. This review-article systematically assesses some first attempts at the development of comprehensive systems of social indicators.
- Human Development Index. // Djibouti Country Review;2010, p70
The article presents the rank of various countries including Iceland, Italy and Philippines based from their quality of life in 2009 through the use of the Human Development Index (HDI) of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Human Development Index. // San Marino Country Review;2010, p67
The article presents the rankings on the quality of life in countries around the world measured through the human development index (HDI) for 2009 to 2010 including Iceland, Norway and Australia.
- HYPERCULTURE: The Human Cost of Speed. Bertman, Stephen // Futurist;Dec98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p18
Discusses the high-speed living of people and the importance of restoring a balance of the past, present and future life. Information on the disease in 1970s that Alvin Toffler called `future shock'; Social changes that happened in the world; Details on the implication of social acceleration. ...
- The Polls: America's Most Important Problems Part I: National and International. Smith, Tom W. // Public Opinion Quarterly;Summer85, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p264
One of George Gallup's greatest achievements, as Burns Roper noted recently, was building time series by replicating questions. Among the hundreds of trends that Gallup collected, the most important problem series is unique. The most important problem question provides a grand overview of social...
- conclusion. // How To Hide: A Practical Guide to Vanishing & Taking Your Assets;2009, p231
The article presents a conclusion regarding the information provided in this book which helps a person to improve one's life particularly to become a better person.
- Are you better off than your parents were? // Glamour;Oct96, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p194
Compares the social conditions of the present generation with their parents. Concern over the decreasing opportunities for the present generation; Employment; Debt; Higher education.
- 'A La Recherche Du' Quality of Life. Jordan, Thomas // Social Indicators Research;Jan2011, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p149
This essay examines the stages of inquiry when we seek to formulate quality of life in an era before our own. There arises the question of the extent to which today's formulation of quality of life can be applied to an era far removed from our own. Implicitly, there is the nature of the time...