47-Year-Old Woman With Spells of Slurred Speech, Blurred Vision, and Loss of Consciousness
- Vestibular findings in a 62-year-old woman with dizziness and a type I Chiari malformation. Brookler, Kenneth H. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Oct2005, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p630
This article reports on the case of a 62-year-old woman who presented with a chief complaint of dizziness. The spinning feeling intensified when she turned onto her right side. A clinical examination revealed that the patient experienced difficulty performing the sharpened tandem Romberg test...
- Sudden Focal Neural Deficit Due to Hypoglycemia. Ohshiro, Yuzuru; Takasu, Nobuyuki // Current Medical Literature: Diabetes;2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p101
The article analyzes theories to explain the neurological symptoms that develop with hypoglycemia, a common side effect of diabetes therapy. The effect of insulin-induce hypoglycemia on cerebral blood flow is explained. The proposed mechanism by which hypoglycemia causes cerebral damage is...
- Diffusion-Weighted Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Five Patients with Severe Hypoglycaemia and the Clinical Outcome. Siew Hung Sim; Josiah Chai; Tchoyoson Lim // Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology;Nov2008 Supplement, Vol. 11, pS148
Diverse neurological manifestation complicating profound hypoglycaemia are well described, ranging from reversible focal deficit to irreversible coma and death. We report diffusion weighted magnetic resonance (DW MR) imaging of five patients with severe hypoglycaemia involving the different...
- A STUDY OF THE ADVERSE EFFECTS ASSOCIATED WITH PRIMIDONE TREATMENT OF ESSENTIAL TREMOR. Igwe, CN; Bain, PG // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;Mar2008, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p355
An abstract of the article "A Study of the Adverse Effect Associated with Primidone Treatment of Essential Tremor," by C. N. Igwe is presented.
- FRAGILE X PERMUTATION IN ESSENTIAL TREMOR: IS IT WORTH TESTING? Gorman, GS; Fairgriever, S; Birchall, D; Chinnery, PF // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;Mar2008, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p357
An abstract of the article "Fragile X permutation in essential tremor: Is it worth testing?," by G. S. Gormon, S. Fairgriever, D. Birchall, and P. F. Chinnery is presented.
- Vertigo and Vestibular Function. Barton, Jason J. // Review of Ophthalmology;Sep2000, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p56
Reports on the management of dizziness due to vestibular problems. Signs and symptoms of vertigo; Patient questioning; Symptoms of vestibular dysfunctions.
- Acute tubular necrosis after exposure to diesel oil. Crisp, A.J.; Bhalla, A.K.; Hoffbrand, B.I. // British Medical Journal;7/21/1979, Vol. 2 Issue 6183, p177
Examines the acute tubular necrosis. History of exposure to nephroxin; Symptoms and complication; Causal relation between carcinoma and the neurological syndrome.
- shudder. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2121
A definition of the term "shudder" is presented, which refers to a temporary convulsive tremor due to fright, aversion, or horror.
- CME Questions. // Neurology Alert;May2009, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p70
A quiz related to neurology is presented.