ASIAN POLYMER MARKETS STILL SLUGGISH
- Concerns may dilute July optimism. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;7/11/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 498, p22
Presents an update on prices in several polymer markets in Asia as of July 2005. Polyethylene; Polyvinyl Chloride; Polypropylene. INSET: LDPE-LLDPE PRICE GAP WIDENS AGAIN.
- Polymer Producers Try to Eliminate Price Protection. Sim, Peck Hwee; Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;2/26/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p8
Deals with the effort of polyolefin producers to eliminate or shorten the price protection period in the U.S. Information on the escalation of feedstock costs; Impact of the price protection policy on polyethylene producers; Prices of polypropylene.
- Polymer Producers Try to Eliminate Price Protection. // Chemical Week;2/26/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p8
Deals with the efforts of polyolefin producers to eliminate or shorten the price protection period in the U.S. Information on the escalation of feedstock costs; Impact of the price protection policy on polyethylene producers; Prices of polypropylene.
- Polymers makers westle for share. Fadhil, Muhamad // ICIS Chemical Business;2/2/2015, Issue 3221, p4
The article looks at the polymer market in the Middle East as of January 22, 2015. Polymer producers and plastic processors are facing intense competition due to lower oil prices and oversupply from Borogue. Producers have been also aggressively cutting price offers for high density polyethylene...
- Pricing Update. Sherman, Lilli Manolis; Schut, Jan H.; Block, Debbie Galante // Plastics Technology;Mar2005, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p63
Presents the pricing update in the plastics industry in 2005. Contributing factors to the delay of polyethylene prices price hike; Changes in the price of polypropylene as of March 2005; Reason for the increase in the price of polyvinyl chloride.
- PP prices surge, PE takes dip. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;2/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 52, p3
The article reports that prices for polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) are traveling divergent roads through the North American market in early 2006. According to buyers contacted recently by the journal "Plastics News," average selling prices for PE have dropped 4 cents per pound since...
- HdPE heads West. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;11/29/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 470, p22
Reports on the market trends for polymer chemicals as of November 2004. Impact of limited supply of low density polyethylene on its price; Decline in polypropylene film-grade prices; Expected effect of the decreasing styrene costs and demand on Poly(Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) manufacturers.
- plastics & coatings In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/24/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 11, p21
Presents news briefs on the prices of plastics and coatings in the market as of September 24, 2001. Price increase on polyethylene; Decision of polypropylene producers to increase the price of the product.
- Producers Try to Pass Along Rising Feedstock Costs. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;1/1/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p35
Reports on the decision of U.S. plastics producers to raise their prices in 2003. Reason for the move; Amount of the increase planned by polyethylene producers; Plans of polypropylene producers for the prices of their products.