- Environment watch. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;12/4/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 20, p12
The article presents world news briefs on several environmental programs and organizations. The United Nations Environment Programme is requesting for international financial assistance to be mobilized to pay for the clean-up and rehabilitation of contaminated sites in Ivory Coast. Friends of...
- Environmentalist Pavan Sukhdev Wins Blue Planet Prize. // India -- West;7/8/2016, Vol. 41 Issue 34, pA29
No abstract available.
- Carbon savings calculated for EU recycling targets. // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Mar2008, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p5
The article emphasizes the potential for the proposed European Union (EU) recycling targets of 50% for municipal waste by 2020 to save carbon dioxide emissions of over 89 million tonnes annually based on a study by Friends of the Earth. A British report indicated that most studies found that...
- Built to last Truax, Hawley // Environmental Action;Mar/Apr1988, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p9
No abstract available.
- To burn or not to burn. Grogan, Peter L. // BioCycle;Jan1996, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p86
Opinion. Examines the debate whether to burn or recycle wastes. Significance of decision to invest on recycling facilities and/or incinerators; Resources lost through incineration.
- Recycling choices abound. Truini, Joe // Waste News;04/30/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p14
Reports the recycling options of commercial waste incinerators on the market in Indianapolis, Indiana. Reduction of customers waste stream; Offer of same level of services to commercial waste generators; Information on waste transfer stations and material recovery facilities.
- Waste to energy. Stranks, Jeremy // A-Z of the Environment;2008, p464
Information about Waste energy, which reflects of the practice of incineration of waste products to generate steam, heat or electricity is presented.
- Wealth in waste. Wilton, Laura // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Aug2013, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p26
The article focuses on the significance of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE). It mentions that WEEE which is being implemented in the European Union (EU) under the WEEE Directive is considered by the United Nations Environment Programme as the fastest growing global waste program....
- Manufacturing Green. BANGERT, MICHELLE // Quality;Nov2014, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p34
The article discusses sustainable or green manufacturing. Topics covered include the Deming's principles of quality management, environmental engineering technologies, and the 2013 United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) report on suppliers' greening initiatives for positioning into the...