SigmaKalon flexes muscleâ€¦
- BLIZZARD OF ACQUISITIONS HITS THE PAINT SECTOR. Fazzini, Kate // Home Channel News;1/14/2008, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the blizzard of acquisitions in the paint and coatings sector in the U.S. PPG Industries Inc. plans to expand its worldwide offerings through the acquisition of Sigma Kalon Group that would make PPG as the second largest paint manufacturer worldwide. Meanwhile, large...
- SigmaKalon buys paint maker. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;6/7/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2103, p6
Reports on the decision of the Sigma Kalon coatings business of Bain Capital to purchase wall paint manufacturer Primalex in Eastern Europe. Production facilities of Primalex; Value of the acquisition; Commitment of Sigma to business in central and eastern Europe.
- SigmaKalon sold off. // Builders Merchants Journal;Apr2003, p5
Focuses on the acquisition of SigmaKalon by Bain Capital Inc. in Great Britain. Services offered by the companies; Estimation of the earnings of SigmaKalon in the year 2001.
- Bain's new baby to be groomed for rapid growth. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;3/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2042, p8
Reports the search of European coatings producer SigmaKalon for acquisitions and organic growth with its private equity owner in 2003. Reason for the sale of SigmaKalon to Bain Capital; Business operations of SigmaKalon.
- Bain Capital to Acquire SigmaKalon? Young, Ian // Chemical Week;10/30/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 43, p13
Reports the plan of Bain Capital to acquire SigmaKalon in 2002. Other bidders for SigmaKalon; Background on SigmaKalon; Investment plans of Bain.
- SigmaKalon plans to acquire. // European Chemical News;11/24/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2078, p7
Reports the acquisition plans of SigmaKalon in the coatings market across eastern and southern Europe in November 2003. Operations of SigmaKalon; Remarks from CEO Pierre-Marie De Leener.
- PPG Acquires SigmaKalon. // Products Finishing;Mar2008, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p18
The article reports on the acquisition of coatings producer SigmaKalon Group by PPG Industries Inc., which produces architectural, protective, marine, and industrial coatings, in Europe. The total transaction value was about â‚¬2.2 billion. The company anticipates to add approximately $3...
- PPG receives approval from European Union regulators to acquire SigmaKalon from Bain Capital. // Paintindia;Dec2007, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p136
The article reports on the approval received by PPG Industries from European Union regulators to acquire SigmaKalon Group from global private investment company Bain Capital. It cites that the total transaction value is about 2.2 billion. It notes that SigmaKalon Group is a global coatings...
- PPG Buys Sigmakalon Group. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Mar2008, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that PPG Industries has acquired SigmaKalon Group, a worldwide coatings producer in Uithoorn, Netherlands. This move will increase PPG's transition to a firm focused on coatings and specialty products. Total transaction value is said to be $3.2 billion. According to PPG's...