ARE ETHYLENE SUPPLY WOES AT AN END?
- Players assess fallout after spate of cracker outages. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;11/1/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2122, p10
Discusses the impact of unscheduled cracker outages on European olefin producers. Effect of the cracker production problems on ethylene spot prices; Companies that are in force majeure status in November 2004; Estimated loss of ethylene capacity in October 2004; Factors that cause the...
- Scarce Supply Drives Up Ethylene Prices. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;9/28/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 32, p12
Reports on the increase in the contract prices of ethylene in the U.S. Factors that influence ethylene prices; Benefits of the scarce supply to producers; Effects of hurricanes in the Gulf Coast on the ethylene production.
- Producers attempt to recover margins in Q4. // European Chemical News;9/15/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2068, p10
Focuses on spot prices for ethylene contracts in Europe as of September 15, 2003. Price forecast for the fourth quarter; Factors that influenced the spot prices; Concern over the resurgence in the polyethylene market.
- Olefins markets still firm, but new settlements are uncertain. Cornitius, Tim // Chemical Week;2/22/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the impact of the 1-ct/lb increase in the United States Gulf Coast ethylene and propylene prices on the chemicals producers. Reason for the strength of the demand for propylene; Depletion of propylene stocks; Inevitability of a pullback in olefins prices.
- Price commentary. // Chemical Week;4/8/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 13, p38
Comments on the prices and market outlook of various chemical products. Decline in ethylene prices in United States Gulf Coast markets; Drop in para-xylene spot prices; Status of European olefin and aromatics markets; Spot prices for benzene.
- Olefin Prices Peak in Europe Because of Feedstock Runups. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;04/17/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 16, p8
Reports the increase of olefin contract prices in Europe for the second quarter of 2000. Details on ethylene contract prices; Psychological impact caused by the shutdown of European ethylene crackers on price negotiation.
- Spot Price Drop Threatens First-Quarter Contracts. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;12/1/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 46, p24
Focuses on the decline of European olefins spot prices. Decrease in the prices of ethylene; Factors that affected the prices of ethylene and propylene between July and late October 1999; Remarks from Andrew Pettman of CMAI, London.
- Olefins slip on inventory destocking. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/30/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 22, p43
Reports on the decline of olefin prices by 10 cents in the U.S. during the past month in 2005. Factors that contributes to the declination of olefin prices; Average price of ethylene; Expectations of Merrill Lynch on the recovery of ethylene demand in the second half of 2005.
- Disruptions may push up prices. TERRY, LARRY // Chemical Week;10/28/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 40, p36
Reports on unplanned outages and extended maintenance turnarounds which are expected to tighten the United States spot ethylene markets. Range of increase on ethylene spot pricing; Factors that firmed prices in Europe.