Carbon fibre set to soar
- Japanese market continues to grow. // JEC Composites Magazine;Nov/Dec2015, Issue 101, p18
The article reports on the continued growth of Japanese composite market as of January 2015, along with the role of carbon fibre to the growth of composite materials industry.
- Global carbon fibre market 2017. // Chemical Fibers International;Oct2012 Man-Made Fiber, p13
The article predicts that sales of the global carbon fiber textile market will grow to 1.6 billion U.S. dollars by 2017.
- Will advanced composites move into the marine mainstream? LeGault, Michael R. // High Performance Composites;Sep2007, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p7
The article focuses on the potential growth of the marine carbon fiber industry. It estimates the size of the marine carbon fiber market to be about 580,000 lb or 227 metric tonnes per year, valued at $10 million to $12 million. The increasing boat sales is one of the indicators that the market...
- Positive forecast for the carbon-fibre market. // JEC Composites Magazine;April2010, Issue 56, p16
The article reports a positive business forecast for the carbon-fiber market. According to the author, the carbon-fiber market is projected to improve following the 2009 financial crisis in which the demand for carbon fiber fell as global economic conditions deteriorated. Topics include the...
- Who will take the lead in the Asian composite market? Mutel, Frédérique // JEC Composites Magazine;2010, Issue 60, p3
The article examines the composite materials industry within Asia. A history of the industry is provided on a global scale, beginning with the emergence of small local businesses in the U.S., Europe, and Japan. Now it is attested that large Asian companies with extensive research and development...
- Calendar. // Composites Technology;Dec2014 Supplement, Vol. 20, p42
A calendar of composites industry-related global events from December 1, 2014 to October 26, 2015 is presented which includes the 5th Wind Turbine Blade Manufacture Conference in Germany, the International ComplC Conference in The Netherlands, and the NACE Corrosion 2015 event in Dallas, Texas.
- Teijin to Grow Composite Business in India. RAMESH, DEEPTI // Chemical Week;7/2/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 18, p17
The article reports on an announcement by the chemical firm Teijin that its carbon fiber and composite subsidiary Toho Tenax will expand into the Indian textile market as part of a collaboration with the textile manufacturer Hindoostan Technical Fabrics.
- Milled/chopped carbon fiber market posts 10 percent growth rate. // High Performance Composites;May2007, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p27
This article states that a study from Eldib Engineering & Research Inc. reveals that the market for milled and chopped carbon fiber is growing at annual rate of about 10 percent. It explains that the present market for these composite products is about 2.7 million pounds or a value of about $25...
- Global carbon fiber market 2017. // Chemical Fibers International;Sep2012, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p118
The article deals with research from Lucintel which forecasts that the global carbon fiber textile market will reach sales of roughly 1.6 billion U.S. dollars in 2017.