PE sellers play on buyers' low stocks
- PE Producers Scramble to Raise Prices Amid Rising Costs. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;5/10/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 16, p31
The article reports that U.S. polyethylene producers are seeking price increases for May and June 2006. Prices of polyethylene gave way again in April as buyers delayed purchases and reduced inventories. Ethylene producers have announced May contract increases in light of rising feedstock...
- Inventory Pile-Up May Stall Prices. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;6/12/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 24, p31
Reports on the plan of polyethylene (PE) producers to implement price increase in the U.S. as of June 2002. Impact of the price increase on the PE converters; Growth in PE demand and convertor's inventories.
- Polyethylene soft but rebound anticipated. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;6/20/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 25, p34
Reports that some analysts are forecasting that polyethylene prices will soon hit bottom and begin to rebound because market fundamentals remain healthy. Responsibility of inventory destocking in the weakness throughout polyethylene chain; Decline in the inventory in days of sales due to higher...
- Polyethylene resin prices jump. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;3/3/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p0003
The article reports that polyethylene resin prices in North America rose by 4% in February 2014, which ended a four-month period of flat pricing for the material. It explains that a major reason for the polyethylene (PE) price hike was that PE supply inventories were affected by the heavy...
- PET producers blame poor weather for slump. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;6/20/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2152, p13
Focuses on the implications of bad weather for the sales for polyethylene terephthalate (PET). Reason for falling prices and weak demand for PET bottles; Actions being done by producers to restrict stock building of PET products; Means for the industry to register a reasonable margin levels.
- PE prices in North America rise on supply tightness. MIRASOL, FELIZA; KLUMP, MICHELLE; Martin, George // ICIS Chemical Business;1/23/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 4, p18
The article reports on the prices of polyethylene (PE) in North America during 2011-2012. Low inventory levels and shortage of supply are increasing the prices of polyethylene (PE) in North America. Bruce Petersen, president of U.S.-based Polymer Consulting Services, says that PE resin supply...
- Polyolefins Prices Face Downward Pressure. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;1/18/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 2, p27
The article reports on the probable decline in the prices of polyethylene and polypropylene in the U.S. in January 2006. Declines in olefins and feedstock prices, as well as rising inventories, are also anticipated. A fall in polyolefins prices was reported in December 2005 in response to lower...
- Price Hikes Slowing. // Plastics Technology;Oct2009, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p33
The article focuses on the increase in the prices of polyethylene and polypropylene. Factors such as higher feedstock costs and exports to China pushes the price of these resin commodity. The author says the scenario might change as the market experiences high inventories and low demand. A list...
- Stable Demand, Low Inventory Buoy PE Price Hopes. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;10/8/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 36, p27
Reports on the market status of polyethylene (PE) as of October 8, 2003. Stability of the demand for the plastic; Drop in PE converters' inventories in May; Decline in PE prices between April and August.