Deficit will raise prices
- Methanex Sept term price settled at $241. // Asian Chemical News;9/8/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 415, p10
Reports on the methanol contract price of chemical company Methanex for September 2003. Comparison with its August 2003 contract price; Decline in Asian spot offers; Factors that could drive methanol prices up.
- Muddled methanol. // Asian Chemical News;12/8/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 426, p46
Reports on the spot prices of various bulk chemicals in Asia as of December 8, 2003. Contract price of Methanex company; Sale of Singapore cargo; Plan of China Petrochemical Development Corp. to settle a cargo.
- 5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;1/9/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p7
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry as of January 9, 2006. Methanol producer Methanex has raised its Asian Posted Contract Price during the month. A rise in the closing price for the polypropylene contract at the London Metal Exchange is reported. An agreement for the...
- Methanex leads increase. Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;5/6/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 17, p25
Reports that Vancouver, British Columbia-based Methanex Corporation has led the first increase in methanol prices for the year 1998. Methanex's posting price for methanol; Reasons for the dramatic decline in methanol prices.
- Methanex will ship plant from Chile to US to tap cheap gas. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Mar2013, Issue 861, p12
The article reports that methanol producer Methanex will relocate a methanol plant from Chile to Geismar, Louisiana to seize upon the low prices of gas across North America.
- Methanol-based cells. // Chemical Week;8/6/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 30, p37
Reports on the agreement of Methanex with Ballard Power Systems to promote the commercialization of methanol-based fuel cells. Use of the fuel cells; Role of Methanex in the alliance.
- Lyondell and Methanex Sign Supply Deal. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;1/1/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the supply agreement between Lyondell Chemical and Methanex. Terms of the deal; Tasks of Lyondell under the agreeement.
- Compromise deal upsets the methanol market. Yeo, Ross // ICIS Chemical Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p14
The article reports on the unwanted settlement of a European fourth-quarter (Q4) methanol contract. Canada-based methanol producer Methanex Corp. has nominated its Asian posted contract price (APCP) for October 2010 at 345 dollars/tonne which is an increase of 20 dollars/tonne from the previous...
- Prices sink under a flood of capacity. ADAMS, JARRET // Chemical Week;12/9/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 47, p69
Provides information on the price of methanol in the market. Lowest price price of methanol in August 1998; Emerging markets of methanol; Methanol production of Methanex.