- Akzo Nobel Opens New Paper Chemicals Plant in Guangzhou. // China Chemical Reporter;12/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p12
The article reports that Akzo Nobel NV's pulp and paper chemicals business, Eka Chemicals AB, has opened a new site in Guangzhou, Guangdong province, south-eastern China. The facility represents the latest milestone in Akzo's growth strategy for the rapidly expanding Chinese paper industry....
- Sodium chlorate cartel fines. // PPI: Pulp & Paper International;Jul2008, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p5
The article reports on fines imposed by the European Commission against a group of sodium chlorate producers for market sharing and price fixing activities between 1994 and 2000. The firms will be fined a total or more than Euro 79 million and include Akzo Nobel of the Netherlands and its parent...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // European Chemical News;5/5/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2051, p16
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of May 2003. Appointment of Russia's Penta-91 by Wacker Silicones to distribute its heatcuring silicone elastomers; Award given to Azko Nobel Chemicals and Eka Chemicals; Agreement between Scott Bader and Samuel Banner & Co.
- Akzo/Eka upfront on product safety data. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;4/21/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2049, p23
Reports on the claims of Akzo Nobel and Eka Chemicals that they are the first companies in the world to issue approved environmental product declarations (EPD) for chemical products. Availability of EPD sheets for customers; Details of the EPD system; Products of the companies which have been...
- Europe rides an upswing. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;2/18/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the European paper chemicals industry which experienced some consolidation in 1997 as a result of a drop in the demand for paper and pulp in 1995 and 1996. Trend in the market as reported by the Confederation of European Paper Industries; Countries which experienced the strongest...
- Eka plans silica sols plant. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;12/22/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2081, p28
Reports on the plan of Eka Chemicals to build a paper chemicals plant in Brazil. Production capacity of the plant; Use of the products produced in the plant; Views of Byron Smith, vice president of Eka Chemicals, on the Brazilian paper industry.
- Eka Restructures North American Paper Chems. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/29/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the restructure plan of EKA Chemicals AB on its paper chemical business in North America. Aim of reducing costs; Closure of production plant in Albany, Oregon; Increase of production capacity for coating additives and sizing products.
- AkzoNobel Invests in Plant to Supply Pulp Mill in Brazil. // Chemical Week;2/6/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses a project by the Eka Chemicals subsidiary of coatings company AkzoNobel to build a pulp and paper chemicals facility in Imperatriz, Brazil.
- Akzo to Close Another Salt Plant. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;7/17/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 28, p17
Reports on the plan of Akzo Nobel to close its packaged salt plant at Stade, Germany in July 2003. Purpose of the move; Need of the company to improve its packaged salt business; Assumption of operating responsibility for a chlorine dioxide plant in Sweden by Akzo subsidiary Eka Chemicals.