- China phenol prices may surge. Huang, Trisha // ICIS Chemical Business;3/30/2015, Issue 3228, p1
The article focuses on predictions regarding increase in prices of phenol in Chinese petrochemical market. It states that spot prices of phenol may elevate due to turnarounds in several petrochemical plants in the country and mentions that the prices have reportedly increased as a result of...
- BPA op rate down. // Asian Chemical News;6/9/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 404, p28
Reports on the decision of Kumho P&B Chemicals to cut the operating rate of its bisphenol A plant in Yeochun, South Korea. Purpose of the move; Inquiries made by the company for spot phenol.
- Kumho P&B Expands Phenol and Cumene Production at Yeochon. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;5/1/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 18, p19
Provides information on Kumho P & B Chemicals, a joint venture between Kumho Group and Nippon Steel. Production capacity of its chemical plant in Yeochon, Korea; Estimated cost of the project; Projected revenue of the chemical plant.
- Markets. // Asian Chemical News;6/20/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 494, p7
Presents market news briefs in the chemical industry as of June 2005. Aim of Kumho P&B to produce on-specification material at its phenol lines in Yeochun, South Korea; Plans of Asahi Kasei Chemicals to operate an adipic acid plant in Myazaki, Japan; Decision of SK Corp. to shut down its fluid...
- business & finance news. Walsh, Kerri; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/7/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 1, p13
Presents news briefs of issues related to the chemical industry in Asia Pacific as of January 7, 2004. Manufacturing certificate awarded by the Chinese Building Metal Structure Association to Dow Corning; Agreement between Fluor and the Sinopec Ningbo Engineering Co.; Inauguration of the...
- Asia phenol output set to keep falling. Huang, Trisha // ICIS Chemical Business;1/18/2016, Issue 3988, p1
The article reports on the expected decline in the phenol/acetone operating rate in Asia in 2016. Topics covered include the factors that may affect phenol prices such as extended shutdown at Shell's cracker, the projected production from PIT Phenol and the opening by South Korean producer Kumho...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // European Chemical News;12/23/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 2032, p27
Presents news briefs related to the chemical industry as of December 23, 2002. Design contract awarded to Aker Kvaerner by EMD Pharmaceuticals; Plans of Nexen to expand its sodium chlorate capacity in Canada and Brazil; Plans of Kumho P&B Chemicals to add a phenol line in its Bisphenol-A plant...
- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/7/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p16
Details the Iran Oil Ministry's strategic plan for the petrochemicals sector. Potential to increase national capacity; Foreign financing for projects; Negotiations with companies to set up joint ventures in fertilizer or plastics plant; Value of Iran's petrochemicals imports.
- EGYPT. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/5/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 44, p18
Reports on the positive response received from prospective investors and suppliers by the promoters of a scheme to set up a styrene and polystyrene plant in Alexandria, Egypt. Expected production capacity of the plant; Major investors in the project.