Asahi capitalises on ETFE popularity
- Asahi to step up ETFE output. // Asian Chemical News;11/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 467, p6
Reports on the plan of Asahi Glass Co. to increase its ethylene tetrafluoroethylene copolymer (ETFE) output to meet increasing demands. Background on the investment of the company in a plant's expansion in Kashima, Japan; Expected growth of ETFE demand.
- Asahi stretches capacity for fluorinated rubber. Orshal, Jody // Chemical Week;4/22/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 15, p24
Reports that Asahi Glass Company will spend billions of yen to double capacity of its Aflas tetrafluoroethylene-propylene rubber at Chiba. Significance of the increase; Completion of the expansion.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;8/2/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2111, p27
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of August 2004. Installation of an air separation unit at the refinery facility of Comalco Aluminum in Gladstone, Queensland by Air Liquide Australia; Plan of Asahi Glass to increase the capacity of ethylene tetrafluoroethylene copolymer at its...
- Asahi Glass Raises ETFE Production in Japan. // Chemical Week;12/20/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 43, p16
The article reports that Asahi Glass Co. Ltd. has said to invest 2.5 billion yen to expand capacity of the company's Fluon ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) copolymer at its Kashima, Japan plant by the first quarter of 2008. The latest expansion will nearly double Asahi's ETFE capacity.
- Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE). // Chemical Business;Jun2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p49
The article provides information on ethylene tetrafluorethylene (ETFE), an alternating copolymer which consists of ethylene and tetrafluoroethyelene segments. DuPont developed the ETFE as a Teflon with similar hardness compared to nylon. It states that the ETFE plate provides wide variability in...
- breaking news Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/19/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 2, p3
Reports developments related to the chemical industry as of July 2004. Earnings posted by PPG Industries Inc. for the second quarter of fiscal 2004; Construction of a bulk vaccines plant by Nabi Biopharmaceuticals in Florida; Investment made by Asahi Glass Co. Ltd. to increase capacity for...
- FUNDS FOR THE FUTURE. // European Chemical News;3/31/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2046, p38
Reports on a three-year chemical plant improvement program of Asahi Glass at its Fluon Fluoropolymers business in Lancashire, England.
- ICI Sells Fluoropolymers to Asahi. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;10/04/99, Vol. 256 Issue 14, p8
Reports the selling of the fluoropolymers business of ICI in the United Kingdom to Asahi Glass Co. of Japan. Information on sales of the ICI fluoropolymers business; Production facilities of the business; Headquarters of the operations.
- new construction projects. // Chemical Week;2/3/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 4, p18
The article offers construction news briefs as of February 3, 2014. Dakota Gasification Co.'s board of directors have approved the construction of a urea facility at Beulah, North Dakota. Mitsubishi Chemical is expanding its production capacity for its biobased engineering plastic, Durabio, at...