How to cope with growth
- GCC petrochemical investments to reach $160 billion by 2016. // Chemical Business;Jan2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p66
The article discusses the plan of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) member states to invest 50.3 billion U.S. dollars in the petrochemical sector until 2016 to increase output by 53 million tons per year to 158 million tons by 2016.
- Petrochemicals. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/10/2014, Vol. 58 Issue 41, p25
The article focuses on the challenge facing the petrochemical producers in the Gulf Cooperation Council member countries to deal with the declining share in the global market for ethylene and its derivative chemicals.
- WELCOME. Al-Sadoun, Abdulwahab // ICIS Chemical Business;11/16/2015, Special section p2
The article presents information on the special section "GPCA Insight" of the journal which includes interview of H.E. Abdullatif Al Othman, governor and chairman of SAGIA, and Neil Chapman, president of ExxonMobil Chemical and challenges and opportunities for the petrochemical industry of the...
- Mideast petchem players wary of rift. Fadhil, Muhamad // ICIS Chemical Business;3/17/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 11, p16
The article reports on the threats posed by political rift to the trade between the member countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) in 2014. Topics covered include the recall of foreign ambassadors in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), state of business in Kuwait...
- A mirage of riches. Richardson, John // ICIS Chemical Business;2/18/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 7, p26
The article reports that a selective approach to financing petrochemicals in the Middle East could make trouble for the smaller private companies. Qatar and Abu Dhabi are the only two Gulf Cooperation Council countries with enough ethane to meet petrochemical growth ambitions. In Qatar, however,...
- A guide to Middle East petchems. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/10/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 9, p32
The article presents information on the 6th Middle East Petrochemicals Report to be launched by Asia, which will be a guide to the happenings in the petrochemicals industry. The latest edition will feature in-depth analysis of the global credit crisis and financial implications, with further...
- GPCA welcomes Indian initiative on dumping duty. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/19/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 11, Special section p2
The article reports that the Indian government's move to lift the anti-dumping duty imposed on polypropylene (PP) from Saudi Arabia, has been welcomed the petrochemical and chemical industry in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region.
- Petrochemicals. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/21/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 42, p27
The article reports that the petrochemicals industry in the Gulf Cooperation Council region has declined due to a drop in global chemical prices.
- The rise of the retail giants. Melly, Paul // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/8/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 32, p32
The article reports on the increased sales of food across the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) in Middle East from 2006 to 2008. According to a report, the value of food sales in the period of June 2007 to May 2008 was up by 10.1% on the equivalent period in 2006-2007. The growth rates are...