Iran's olefins gusher risks drying to a trickle
- NPC delays start-up of No 6. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;7/5/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 451, p23
Reports on the delay of the start-up of Number 6 cracker of National Petrochemicals Co. for the fourth quarter of 2004. Information on Amir Kabir Petrochemical, the NPC subsidiary which operates the cracker complex; Cause of the delay; Assignment of Amir Kabir Petrochemical with Navid Zar Chimi...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/5/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 45, p16
Presents news briefs on the petrochemical industry in the Middle East as of November 5, 2004. Company that was awarded a contract to install a low-density polyethylene unit for Amir Kabir Petrochemical Company in Iran; Firms that have been prequalified to bid for the engineering, procurement...
- Olefins 12 postponed. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/24/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p15
The article reports on the progress of the olefins 12 complex project under National Petrochemical Co. in Assaluyeh, Iran as of February 2006. The mid-February deadline for the olefins project has been put back indefinitely. The delay is symptomatic of the current state of play in the...
- Iran projects keep industry guessing. Tan, Florence // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;12/4/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 20, p19
The article reports on the chemical projects of the National Petrochemical Co. (NPC) in Iran. It gives an update on the olefin projects of NPC. It cites some of the problems encountered by NPC in implementing its projects. It discusses the impact of the management upheaval at NPC on the progress...
- WELCOME TO THE PETZONE. // European Chemical News;5/2/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2145, Special Section p9
Focuses on the Petrochemical Special Economic Zone in Khuzestan, Iran. Facilities built within the zone, including the Olefin 6 complex of Amir Kabir Petrochemical Co.; Reasons for selecting the area for development projects; Investment made by National Petrochemical Co.
- Too ambitious, too soon? Hariharan, Malini; Tan, Clara; Tan, Florence // Asian Chemical News;3/28/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 484, p18
Discusses several factors affecting the completion of the No 6 olefin cracker project of the National Petrochemical Co. in Iran as of March 2005. Mandatory policy for foreign contractors to collaborate with local contractors; Lack of project management skills; Construction cost.
- NPC targets 2008-09 for Olefins No 12. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;12/13/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 472, p15
Reports on the plan of National Petrochemical Co. to complete its Olefins No 12 project in Assaluyeh, Iran in the period 2008-2009. Details of the project; List of chemical products included in the scheme; Deadline for the submission of proposals for the construction of the cracker project.
- Atofina discusses olefins stake. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;6/21/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2105, p46
Reports that Atofina is in preliminary talks with the National Petrochemical Company of Iran towards taking a stake in its 14th Olefins project which was proposed for the Pars Special Energy Zone in Assaluyeh, Iran. Production capacity of the proposed complex; Schedule of operation of the...
- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/12/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 45, p24
Reports that three international consortia have submitted bids for the contract to build Iran-based National Petrochemical Co.'s planned olefins facility. Features of the planned facility; Details of the buy-back project.