Officials denied access
- CSB to Investigate Formosa Plastics Explosion. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;5/3/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 18, p4
Reports that the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board will conduct an investigation to determine the causes of an explosion at a Formosa Plastics Corp.'s polyvinyl chloride plant. Fatalities in the incident; Collection of forensic evidence; Review of the company's records,...
- CSB Cites Hazard Analysis Error in Isotec Blast. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;9/1/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 28, p29
Reports on the results of an investigation conducted by the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board in Washington regarding the accident that occurred at Isotec Inc. in Miamisburg, Ohio. Background on the accident which occurred in September 2003; Number of residents that were...
- Explosion Kills One, Injures One at Bayer's West Virginia Plant. Sissell, Kara; Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;9/1/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 27, p13
The article reports that an explosion killed one and injured another at Bayer CropScience's plant at Institute, West Virginia on August 28, 2008. The company said that there was a chemical release in the immediate area of the structure which developed into a fire several minutes later. It was...
- CSB investigates Formosa mishap. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/14/98, Vol. 254 Issue 24, p22
Focuses on the United States Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board's plan to investigate an explosion and fire that ripped through a Point Comfort, Texas chemical plant on December 4, 1998.
- Could New Rules Prevent Uncontrolled Reactions? OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS' Staff // Occupational Hazards;Jul2002, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the findings of a study into reactive chemical incidents in the U.S. Query on the effectiveness of rules to prevent uncontrolled reactions; Ways to minimize chemical reactivity incidents; Response of the Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board to its staff report.
- CSB investigates Morton explosion. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;06/01/98, Vol. 253 Issue 22, p24
Reports that the US Chemical Safety & Hazard Investigation Board will initiate an inquiry into the explosion of Morton Specialty Chemical's plant in Paterson, New Jersey on April 1998.
- Senate Panel Examines BP's Accident in Texas. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;7/18/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 24, p8
The article reports on the U.S. Chemical Safety & Hazard Investigation Board investigation into the explosion at British Petroleum's (BP) refinery in Texas City. According to investigators, the primary cause was the facility's use of a blow-down drum, instead of the more modern flare system, to...
- Y2K focus falls on small chemical sites. Nash, James L. // Occupational Hazards;Sep99, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p26
Reports that the United States Chemical Safety Board has send a letter to small- and mid-sized chemical facilities urging them to take action against the Year 2000 computer crisis (Y2K). Contributing factors to high risk of Y2K of smaller chemical sites.
- CSB Report Faults Morton Safety Practices. Nash, James L. // Occupational Hazards;Sep2000, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p19
Focuses on the faults at the Morton Specialty Chemicals Group which caused the explosion of its chemical plant in Paterson, New Jersey according to the United States Chemical Safety & Hazard Investigation Board (CSB). Failure of the company to follow recommended safety practices for reactive...