Call for better workers
- Call for better workers. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;12/4/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 20, p16
The article reports on the message given by Michael Gambrell, Dow executive vice president for basic plastics and chemicals, at a conference in Saudi Arabia regarding the standards among local workers used by the Middle East petrochemical sector. he discussed the importance of human resources to...
- Borouge Sets its Sights on Asia. Moore, Stephen; Colvin, Robert // Chemical Week;11/13/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 45, p40
Reports on the actions taken by chemical company Borouge to penetrate Asia's petrochemical industry. Marketing arm established by the company in the region; Business operations of the company in Asia; Details on Asia petrochemical industry.
- Strengthening links to the East. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;4/26/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 16, p29
Reports on the implications of Dow Chemical's acquisition of a former petrochemical complex in eastern Germany on industries in central and eastern Europe. Importance of the plants at Bohlen, Schkopau and Leuna which make up the BSL Olefinverbund; Dow's plan to strengthen BSL's eastward ties.
- Dow gets stake in petchems. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;12/6/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 22, p13
Reports on Dow Chemical Co.'s purchase of Argentine state's petrochemical holdings. Include Petroquimica Bahia Blanca, Polisur and Indupa.
- Dow Chemical Outlines Strategy For Petrochemical Growth in China. // Chemical Market Reporter;09/20/99, Vol. 256 Issue 12, p13
Outlines the strategy of Dow Chemical for success in China's growing petrochemical industry. China's ethylene capacity and production from 1990 to 1998; Information on Dow's manufacturing strategy; Remarks from Michael C.Y. Lung, president of Dow Chemical Ltd. in China, on how to ensure success...
- PETROCHEMICALS: MARKET BRIEFS. // Chemical Market Reporter;04/24/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 17, p12
Presents news briefs related to the petrochemical industry as of April 24, 2000. Prices of various chemicals; Move of Dow Chemical Company to raise its off-list prices for antifreeze-grade ethylene glycol.
- Untitled. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;8/20/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 7, p23
The article presents information on several petrochemical projects under construction in the Middle East. It is mentioned that there are many ethylene units in Kuwait, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), which are doing well, and giant ethylene plants in Saudi Arabia are performing much...
- Recovery slow for chlor-alkali market. Guzman, Doris De // ICIS Chemical Business;9/6/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 7, p29
The article focuses on the slow recovery in the chlor-alkali industry. While the demand from the export market has been increasing, but the U.S. market is still disturbed by the recession. China continues its capacity buildup even in the midst of recession. In July, 2010 Dow Chemical Co....
- A golden opportunity. Chang, Joseph; Loh, Bohan // ICIS Chemical Business;6/15/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 24, p14
The article reports on the petrochemical expansion projects of the petrochemical company Borouge. It will start up its Borouge 2 project in mid-2010, and is pushing to complete Borouge 3 project by the end of 2013. Both the projects are located in Ruwais, United Arab Emirates (UAE). The...