PLASTIC RESINS INDUSTRY UNDER PRESSURE
- Adding Value to the Mix. D'amico, Esther // Chemical Week;6/21/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 24, p34
Looks at the resin compounding operations of chemical companies. Status of the resin compounding market; Merger plans of M.A. Hanna and Geon company; Competition within the industry.
- Specialties Newsfront. Boswell, Clay // Chemical Market Reporter;09/13/99, Vol. 256 Issue 11, p36
Presents news briefs on the specialty chemicals business of the chemical industry as of September 13, 1999. Study conducted by Eldib Engineering & Research Inc. on the market growth of tissue products; Development of the Castung MFA by Caschem; Information on the Resyn Seam 33-431A specialty...
- Paste Resin Expansion Project Starts in Shenyang. // China Chemical Reporter;4/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p12
The article reports that the 20000 tons per annum paste resin expansion project has recently started construction in Shenyang Chemical Industrial Group Co., located in Northeast China. The expansion project will be completed at the end of August this year. The output of pasteresin in Shenyang...
- Euro Demand Surges for Wood Resins and Chems. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;11/27/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 22, p8
Looks at the increase on the demand for wood resins and adhesives in the wood products market of Europe. Factors that influence the growth of the wood products market; Consumption of medium-density fiberboard and oriented strand board in Europe.
- Polystyrene to grow globally despite competition from rival resins. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/24/98, Vol. 254 Issue 8, p25
States that worldwide demand for polystyrene will grow by the year 2002. Competition from engineering plastics and resins such as polyethylene and polypropylene; Total volume of demand for polystyrene; Expansion of growth in Chinese market.
- Higher-End Melamine-Formaldehyde Resins Follow Industry Trends. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/27/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 14, p20
Reveals that the market for higher-end melamine-formaldehyde amino cross-linking resins has been under pressure because of the run-up in natural gas costs, which has raised the costs of methanol, formaldehyde and melamine.
- Tangshan Launches 200 000 T/A Bisphenol A Project. // China Chemical Reporter;3/26/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p13
The article reports on the launch of a 200 000 t/a bisphenol A project. The project has a total investment of RMB1.26 billion and will use the ion exchange resin process. Bisphenol A in China is mainly used to produce epoxy resins. Epoxy resin producers in China are mainly concentrated in East...
- Market Analysis of Polybutadiene Rubber. Xiao Ming // China Chemical Reporter;1/21/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p31
The article presents an economic analysis on polybutadiene rubber (PBR) in China. It notes that PBR is a general-purpose synthetic rubber responsible for tire production, resin modification, and shoemaking. It cites that the country has gained 602 000 tons decline of PBR consumption in 2007....
- KoSa boosting PET capacity in Mexico, eyes Spain, Brazil. Buchanan, Ronald // Plastics News;07/26/99, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Discloses plans of KoSa to increase production of polyethylene terephthalate resin in Mexico. Plans to invest in the plastics industry in Spain and Brazil.