China puts faith in methanol for fuel
- European methanol contracts slipping in Q3. YEO, ROSS // ICIS Chemical Business;6/27/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 23, p16
The article presents comments on the European methanol 2011 third-quarter contract price, which has been set at 295 euro/torme.
- US spot jump may spur contract hike. BURRIDGE, ELAINE; KELLEY, LANE // ICIS Chemical Business;11/1/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 15, p16
The article reports that the spot prices of methanol in the U.S. has touched the year high level of 384 dollar/ tonne on October 21, 2010.
- VOICES FROM THE WEB. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/15/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 13, p7
The article presents online recap on various web sites related to petrochemical industry which includes blogs on the plan of North American methanol producers to increase their production capacity by 60 percent, gasoline prices, and methanol usage in China.
- Fuel Cells For Handhelds Showing Promise. Morrison, David G. // Electronic Design;4/29/2002, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p33
Features Mechanical Technology Inc.'s methanol-powered fuel cells for handheld devices. Power output; Polymer-membrane-based fuel cell combined with a fuel cartridge; Efforts to replace lithium-ion based battery.
- Smaller Fuel Cells Get Closer To Replacing Batteries. Gawel, Richard // Electronic Design;5/27/2002, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p34
Focuses on Jet Propulsion Laboratory's design of small fuel cells for portable electronics. Problems with large fuel cells; Design of the small fuel cells; Use of liquid methanol as the fuel.
- Toshiba targets portable PCs with direct methanol fuel cell. // Electronics Weekly;3/19/2003, Issue 2091, p15
Evaluates the prototype direct methanol fuel cell developed by Toshiba for portable personal computers. Components of the actual cell; Functions of the data link for personal computers; Capacity.
- Reform school. // Automotive Industries;Nov95, Vol. 175 Issue 11, p22
Reports that scientists at the Argonne National Labs have perfected a type of fuel cell, called a methanol reformer, which does not require the storage of hydrogen gas. How the fuel cell works; Inexpensiveness of the cell.
- Ethanol cocktails. // Environmental Action;Fall94, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the debate over whether ethanol or methanol is environmentally and economically preferable for use as a gasoline additive. Ad campaign depicting ethanol as safe to drink; Disagreement by the American Association of Poison Control Centers.
- Methanol fuel source for energy cell. LeBlanc, Leonard // Offshore;May97, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p32
Reports on a device that uses methanol to produce a fuel cell with the necessary low cost, power, longevity and quick recharge capability.