Gas free-trade deal in offing
- Towards a free trade area in south-east Europe. // Economic Survey of Europe;2005, Issue 1, p98
Discusses the issue of free trade in south-east Europe. Attempts to revive trade in south-east European countries; Information on free trade agreements (FTA) in the region; Issue of uniformity of FTA; Main alternatives posed by the south-east Europe for the regional integration process of FTA.
- Departure of jobs hurts national security. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/6/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p11A
Comments on the impact of the decline on manufacturing jobs on national security in the U.S. Background on the North American Free Trade Agreement which resulted in the loss of manufacturing jobs to other countries; Correlation of manufacturing capability to military might; Decline of the...
- M o re free trade? Demers, Julie // CMA Management;May2003, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p48
Focuses on a bilateral trade agreement to be signed by Canada and a European by December 2003. Goal of the formation of the Canada-European Union Summit in the mid 1970s; Efforts of Canada to convince the European Union about the need for a free trade zone; Reasons for Canada's desire to create...
- Caricom, SICA want their own free trade deal. WilkinSon, Bert // New York Amsterdam News;3/8/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p14
The article provides information about the free-trade agreement between Caribbean Community, the 12-nation Caribbean trade bloc and its counterpart organization in Central America, Secretaries-General of the Central American Integration System. The agreement is expected to cover hundreds of...
- Seeing NAFTA through three lenses. Murphy Jr., Ewell E. // Canada-United States Law Journal;1997, Vol. 23, p73
Focuses on the implications of North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) on Mexico. Reasons for Mexico's involvement in the NAFTA; Opening of Mexico to foreign investment; Cultural compatibility of Mexico with other NAFTA nations; Private capital inflows in 1996.
- Central American trade talks N.O. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/2/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p11
Reports that the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative has chosen New Orleans, Louisiana, to host the sixth round of the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) negotiations from July 28, 2003, to August 1, 2003. New Orleans' economic ties with Central America; Countries involved in CAFTA.
- Editor's Introduction. Slay, Ben // Russian & East European Finance & Trade;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p3
Introduces a series of articles related to trade liberalization in the Baltic states. Free trade agreements of Estonia with Latvia and Lithuania, European Union and other bilateral agreements; Importance of trade with Russia and other Commonwealth of Independent States countries; Copy of Baltic...
- Regional trade arrangements in the western hemisphere. Lion, Christopher P. // Business America;Dec94, Vol. 115 Issue 12, p17
Focuses on the six principal regional trade agreements in the Western Hemisphere. Andean Pact; Caribbean Common Market (CARICOM); Central American Common Market (CACM); G-3; North American Free Trade Agreement; Southern Common Market (Mercosur); Agreement features; Economic aspects of the...
- Atlanta challenging Miami for FTAA headquarters. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;8/22/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p54
Focuses on the free trade agreement of the Americas (FTAA) in the U.S. Administration of the FTAA; Selection of the permanent venue of FTAA; States that are contenders for the venue.