Basell hits all-time high
- High-ESCR HDPE for Bottles. // Plastics Technology;Jun2009, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p17
The article evaluates the Hostalen ACP 5231D high-Environmental Stress Cracking Resistance plastic from Basell Polyolefins.
- Basell to close Pernis PP plant. // Chemical Fibers International;Feb2006, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p28
The article reports that Basell Polyolefins BV, a polyolefin producer company based in Hoofddorp, Netherlands, has made an announcement regarding its plan to cease the operation of its polypropelene technology plant with a capacity of 260,000 tons/year located in Pernis, Netherlands by the...
- HMW-HDPE for Fuel Tanks. // Plastics Technology;May2007, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p36
The article offers information on the Lupolen resin from Basell Polyolefins.
- Basell: Metocene PP technology. // Chemical Fibers International;Jun2006, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p155
The article reports that the polyolefin producer Basell Polyolefins BV of Hoofddorp, Netherlands will be starting license its metocene polypropylene technology. The metocene polypropylene technology is used in the production of polyolefins based on single-site catalysts systems on a world-wide...
- PP stop in Canada. // Chemical Fibers International;Aug2007, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p163
The article reports that the Basell Polyolefins BV will stop producing PP polymer with slurry process technology at its plant in Sarnia, Ontario, shifting production operations to other Basell sites which use Spheripol or Spherizone process technologies. Basell operates two PP lines in Bayport,...
- Expansive PP factory targets auto industry. // Plastics News;5/8/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p29
This article reports that Basell Polyolefins Basell Polyole of Hoofddorp has launched a 77 million-pound-per-year polypropylene compounding plant in Pindamonhangaba, Brazil to serve the automotive industry. The $20 million facility opened March 29. Equipment includes Coperion Megacompounder...
- Basell: new PP capacity in Australia. // Chemical Fibers International;Oct2006, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p284
The article reports on the completion of the polypropylene (PP) plant of Basell Polyolefins BV in Geelong, Victoria in August 2006. About 170 people are employed at the operations in Australia, which includes a plant in Sydney. PP and advanced polyolefin products are manufactured by Basell,...
- TOP STORIES FROM22-28 JUNE. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/2/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 73, p45
The article presents news briefs from the chemical industry. Asian ethylene prices have gone down as South Korea and Taiwan enhance their regional supply. Polyolefins producer Basell Polyolefins will acquire U.S. chemicals group Huntsman Corp. for $9.6 billion. Credit rating agencies are...
- New PP polymer resins. // Chemical Fibers International;Dec2007, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p313
The article offers information on three new polypropylene resins developed by Basell Polyolefins BV of Netherlands including Adstif HA740J, Higran RS1684 and Moplen EP310K.