Bayer's Schering buy good move
- Bayer Schering job cuts. William, Dede; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;3/5/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 9, p13
This article reports that Schering is set to cut 950 jobs at its headquarters in Berlin, Germany by 2009. Werner Wenning, Bayer chairman, said the move is due to the merger between the pharmaceutical activities of Schering and Bayer. Wenning, who is also chairman of Bayer Schering Pharma's...
- Bayer aims high for its 2009 targets. Williams, Dede; Watts, Mark // ICIS Chemical Business;3/19/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 58, p5
The article reveals that after buying Schering, Bayer has lifted its 2009 targets for earnings, capital expenditure, and research and development. According to Chairman Werner Wenning, Bayer's management is targeting an underlying margin of 22% for earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and...
- Jump in profits for Bayer exceeds expectations. // European Chemical News;5/12/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2052, p6
Deals with the profit growth posted by Bayer for the first quarter of 2003. Factors attributed to the profit growth; Effect of the Aventis CropScience acquisition on the company's sales performance; Comments from Werner Wenning, company chairman.
- New step for Bayer Schering. // R&D Magazine;Jan2007, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that Schering has been renamed to Bayer Schering Pharma AG following its acquisition by Bayer AG in July 2006. According to Werner Wenning, Bayer AG management board chairman, the firm is focusing on the next steps. Bayer Schering Pharma AG together with Bayer's...
- Bayer beats earnings forecast. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;8/22/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2160, p7
Reports on the success of Bayer to beat its full year earnings growth expectation in the second quarter of 2005. Factors that contributed to the success of Bayer; Expected increase in the earnings of the company for the year; Views of chairman Werner Wenning on the second quarter performance of...
- Bayer off to an excellent start in 2008. // Paintindia;Apr2008, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p195
The article reports on Bayer Group which posted excellent results in the first quarter of 2008. Werner Wenning, Chairman of Bayer AG Management Board, says their carried over the previous year's positive trend in both sales and earnings and that strengthened their confidence for the year as a...
- Schering cuts save â‚¬700m/year. Robinson, Simon; Williams, Dede // ICIS Chemical Business;6/26/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p10
The article reports on the takeover of Schering by Bayer in June 2006. The takeover is considered the biggest and the most expensive deal in the company's history. At a joint news conference, Werner Wenning of Bayer rejected suggestions that Bayer had not moved fast enough to thwart Merck by...
- NewCo attracts offers to buy... // European Chemical News;12/1/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2079, p7
Reports on the offers to acquire NewCo received by Bayer, according to its chairman Werner Wenning. Plans of Bayer for NewCo; Spinoff plans of Bayer; Speculations concerning the plan of Bayer for NewCo.
- Wrap-up. // Chemical Week;1/29/97, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p25
Announces the appointment of Werner Wenning to Bayer's board of management effective February 1, 1997.