Global antidumping actions hit chemicals
- Drop in New Antidumping Cases. // World Trade: WT100;Jan2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the decline in the number of anti-dumping investigations from January to June 2010, according to the World Trade Organization (WTO).
- Antidumping Cases on the Rise. // World Trade;Jun2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p13
The article reports on the rise in the number of anti-dumping investigations in 2008, according to the World Trade Organization (WTO). The organization reported that investigations rose to 208 in 2008 compared to 163 during 2007, with India initiating the highest number of new investigations...
- MAKING GREATER USE OF ANTIDUMPING DUTIES. A.M. // Chemical Week;8/29/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 32/33, p20
Focuses on the issue concerning the antidumping of chemicals in the domestic market in China. Membership of China in the World Trade Organization; Effects of overcapacity of chemical products on the home markets; Restriction on the imports of leeks and mushrooms.
- Chemical imports: India initiates probe against China. // Chemical Business;Jun2009, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p93
The article discusses investigations initiated by India against dumping of chemicals by Chinese companies. The Directorate General of Anti-Dumping and Allied Duties (DGAD) started investigations on allegations of dumping sodium nitrite used in the pharmaceutical and textile sectors in India from...
- Gulf stands up to dumping claims. WATTS, MARK // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/11/2012, Issue 19, p30
The article looks at investigations of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) petrochemicals producers for anti-dumping and anti-subsidy violations. Topics include the diversification of the product portfolios of GCC companies, trade remedy initiatives to ensure fair trading, and World Trade...
- WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION. // International Law Update;Dec2002, Vol. 8, p185
Reports that in dispute over U.S. countervailing measures on certain European products, United Nations World Trade Organization (WTO) Appellate Body has reversed Panel report in December 2002. Focus on disputes related to measures imposed on the European government-owned steel companies that...
- WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION. // International Law Update;Feb2003, Vol. 9, p28
Reports that the Appellate Body of the World Trade Organization (WTO) upheld the findings of a Dispute Settlement Panel that the Continued Dumping and Subsidy Offset Act of 2000 (CDSOA) of the U.S. is inconsistent with the trading rules of the WTO as specific action against dumping or subsidy. ...
- Review: World Trade Organization, A Handbook on Anti-Dumping Investigations. Vermulst, Edwin // Journal of International Economic Law;Dec2004, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p921
The article reviews the book "World Trade Organization: A Handbook on Anti-Dumping Investigations" by Judith Czako, Johann Human, and Jorge Miranda.
- India Probes into Maleic Anhydride from China. // China Chemical Reporter;3/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the applications received by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry of India for dumping investigation into maleic anhydride from China, Taiwan, and Indonesia. Customs code of the product is 29171400. In 2005 and 2006, China exported 5,355.5 tons and 10,209.35 tons of...