5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- Untitled. Dang, Tracy // ICIS Chemical Business;11/10/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 16, p1
The article suggests that on-purpose production could help alleviate the anticipated shortage of butadiene (BD) as global gross domestic product (GDP) growth recovers. Topics discussed include the impact of GDP growth and downstream tyre sales on BD demand, the operating rates of crackers, and...
- Chem plans lined up for Zhenjiang zone. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;3/17/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 393, p18
Reports on the selection of several major chemical projects as part of the International Chemical Industry Zone by the authorities of Jiangsu Zhenjiang Economic Development Zone in China, as of March 2003. Details on the chemical zone; Information on municipal plans for butadiene and styrene...
- ABS prices in US climbing despite slow growth in Asia. LERNER, IVAN; Busch, Wesley; Davis, Nigel; Parmar, Amandeep; Ong, Clive // ICIS Chemical Business;4/2/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 13, p20
The article focuses on expected increases in the price for acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) for Europe and North America. It states the price increases are expected despite projections by the Chinese government that its gross domestic product could drop below 7.5 percent in 2012. It...
- ABS Benefits From Stronger Demand. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;09/04/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on the state of acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene production in the chemical industry as of September 2000. Several producers which launched price increases; Factors which contributed to the price increase; Implication of the reduced production of butadiene; Several chemical companies with...
- ABS Market Hurt by US Slowdown as Demand and Utilization Rates Fall. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;6/25/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the impact of the economic slowdown in North America on the acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS) market as of June 25, 2001. Decline in demand and utilization rates; Growth in global demand for the market; Factors contributing to the drop in ABS demand; Development of new products...
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/11/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 17, p29
Reports developments related to the economic activity of chemical industry in the U.S. as of November 2002. Assessment of the operation of manufacturing sector by the Institute of Supply Management; Increase of the real gross domestic product; Willingness of the consumers to spend more on...
- US styrene to remain tight in 2014. Balboa, Brian // ICIS Chemical Business;1/13/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 2, p23
The article explores on the continuous tight supply in the U.S. styrene market in 2014, which is expected to cause an upward pressure on styrene spot prices, in addition to market growth and global gross domestic product (GDP) growth.
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/28/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 4, p13
Presents news briefs on the petrochemical market as of January 28, 2002. Spot pricing for benzene; Global demand for butadiene; Decrease in the demand for formaldehyde.
- European SR consumption up on '98. // Chemical Business;Apr99, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p84
Reports on the increase in consumption of styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) in Europe in 1998. Forecast on SBR consumption in western Europe; Reason for the higher consumption of SBR; Prediction on the annual growth rate of SBR consumption in central Europe.