Commission fines cartel companies
- EC fines rubber cartel â‚¬519m. Jones, Philippa; Paterson, Graeme // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;12/4/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 20, p14
The article reports on the fines handed down by the European Commission to companies belonging to Eni, Bayer, Shell, Dow, Unipetrol and Trade-Stomil for running a styrene butadiene and emulsion styrene butadiene price cartel. Facts of the case are given. It explains the reason fines imposed on...
- ENERGY ROUNDUP. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/2/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 22, p49
The article presents news briefs from the chemical industry. Italy's Eni SpA is in exclusive talks to buy Belgian incumbent Distrigas. The European Commission is to launch a second antitrust probe into France's gas company, Gaz de France, following raids on the company's premises in 2006. The...
- BP Wins EniChem Aid Case. // Chemical Week;9/23/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 35, p6
Reports that BP Chemicals has won its case against the European Commission in the European Court that a $1.8 million payment by state-owned Eni SpA to EniChem constitutes state aid and is therefore anticompetitive. Details on the case.
- Light at the end of the price-fixing tunnel. Noga, Edward // Rubber & Plastics News;1/9/2006, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p8
This article reports that the European Commission imposed a fine of $90 million to Chemtura, Bayer AG and Spain's General Quimica SA in penalties. Employees of those companies colluded to raise prices for antioxidants, antiozonants and accelerators in Europe and throughout the world in the...
- Chemical firms fined â‚¬34.2m. // Supply Management;3/13/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p15
The article reports that the European Commission (EC) has fined German chemical maker Bayer AG and Japan's Zeon Corp. for allegedly fixing nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR) prices. The EC imposed a total of 34.2 million euros in fines on the two companies. The commission adds that Bayer and Zeon...
- EC fines Bayer, Zeon â‚¬34 million for NBR cartel. Shaw, David // European Rubber Journal;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 190 Issue 2, p12
The article reports that the European Commission (EC) has imposed fines totaling â‚¬34.23 million on the Bayer and Zeon groups for fixing prices for Nitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR) in violation of EC rules on cartels and restrictive business practices. The Commission said that between late...
- Chemicals in Italy. // Chemicals Industry Profile: Italy;November 2004, p1
Presents a profile of the Chemicals industry in Italy. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- Brussels rules to end territory restrictions. Dooley, Trevor // Utility Week;11/5/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p9
Reports on the ruling of the European Commission to terminate the territorial restriction clauses provided in the deals between Gaz de France and Italian energy groups Enel and Eni as of November 2004. Effects of territorial restriction on the European market and the fluidity of the sector;...
- Eni loses appeal over â‚¬106m rubber cartel fine. // European Rubber Journal;Mar2015, Vol. 197 Issue 2, p0007
The article reports that the European Court of Justice (ECJ) refused to reduce the rubber cartel fine imposed by the European Commission (EU) against energy company Eni SpA, wherein the EC imposed the fine for alleged market-sharing and price-fixing of chloroprene rubber producers in 2007.