Akzo, ICI look forward
- Akzo Nobel secures regulatory approvals for ICI acquisition. // Paintindia;Dec2007, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p125
The article reports on the approval of the merger clearance request of Akzo Nobel for its proposed acquisition of Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI) by the European Commission (EC) in 2007. Other bodies that approved the transaction are the Canadian Competition Bureau and the U.S. Federal Trade...
- AkzoNobel to streamline business in Germany. // Paintindia;Sep2013, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p177
The article reports that Akzo Nobel has informed employees of its intention to streamline its organizational structure in Germany following announcements of plans to divest both its building adhesives business and decorative paints stores in the country.
- AkzoNobel to close five German offices. // CanTech International;Oct2013, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the plan of canned paint company AkzoNobel to streamline its structure by divesting both its building adhesives business and decorative paints stores in Germany including in Cologne, Hamburg and Stuttgart.
- Akzo Nobel to Exit Several Chemical Businesses. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;2/9/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the plan of Akzo Nobel to divest certain chemical businesses as part of its business review. Information on the businesses being sold; Proceeds of previous divestments; Divisions created by the company following the reorganization of the portfolio of chemical businesses it intends to...
- Akzo Nobel Hints At Further Asset Sales. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/27/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 14, p6
Focuses on the plans of Akzo Nobel to make further divestments in its chemical operations in addition to the planned disposal of three chemical businesses announced previously. Goal of the company to focus on less capital intensive niches.
- Akzo Nobel to Acquire ICI. // Finishing Today;Sep2007, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the acquisition of Imperial Chemical Industries PLC (ICI) by Akzo Nobel NV in the U.S. It notes that ICI shareholders will receive 670 pence per share in cash. Other than ICI, Nobel is presently negotiating with Henkel for the acquisition of all its assets and liabilities...
- An Anglo-Dutch recipe. Beacham, Will // ICIS Chemical Business;3/17/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 11, p14
The article presents information on the acquisition of Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI) PLC by Akzo Nobel NV, based in the Netherlands. With the acquisition, Akzo Nobel retains the former ICI businesses. Akzo Nobel also plans to divest its coatings and specialty chemical group in Great...
- Akzo bid "undervalues" ICI. Bains, Elizabeth; Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;6/25/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 72, p61
The article reports that Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI) PLC has rejected the offer of Akzo Nobel N.V. to take over the company in Great Britain. ICI stated that Akzo Nobel has undervalued their company by offering only 600 pence per share, assessing the firm at â‚¬7.2 billion. After...
- Untitled. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/15/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 14, p26
The article discusses Imperial Chemical Industries PLC (ICI) as a better bid for value enhancing than Akzo Nobel NV. Hans Wijers, the chief executive of Akzo Nobel, states that they have lessons to learn from ICI and has further suggested that combination of both Akzo Nobel and ICI can gain a...