- LEAVING . . . WHEN? // Accountancy;Dec2013, Vol. 153 Issue 1442, p53
The article discusses the United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal case Secretary of State v. Hibbert which highlights that the wording of an employee's resignation letter dictates when the employment comes to an end.
- The Impact of Surplus Schooling on Productivity and Earnings. Rumberger, Russell W. // Journal of Human Resources;Winter87, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p24
ABSTRACT This article examines the impact of surplus schooling on individual productivity and earnings. It proposes a model that divides workers' education into two components: education that is required and thus fully utilized in the job, and education that exceeds the amount required and thus...
- Bob put through his paces. Harvey, Richard // Public Finance;4/22/94, p20
Provides information on the selection of candidates for redundancy and promotion. Consideration of management action of behavior of individuals; Need for a clear understanding of customary arrangements; Formalization of procedures on regrading; Creation of an action plan.
- A new accountant's life is never dull. Nichols, Dave // Public Finance;4/22/94, p21
Gives advice on choosing candidates for redundancy and regrading. Preparation of draft job-descriptions and person specifications; Grading consideration; Assimilation of existing staff into the new structure.
- 'Privileged' have a leg up on employment scale. Kopenkoskey, Paul R. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/26/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p6
The article reports that decisions on hiring and promotion in Grand Rapids, Michigan are based on earned and unearned privileges including English spoken as first language, age, and beauty, which tend to pigeonhole groups of people who are denied gainful employment or promotions within a company.
- MAKING THE GRADE. Miliband, David // People Management;11/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p25
Comments on the ability of education systems in Great Britain to prepare the youth for the world of work. Details of an inquiry conducted by the Department of Education and Skills on A-level grading; Reason behind the introduction of A- and AS-levels in the Curriculum 2000 reforms;...
- ask the experts. Dunn, Louise // Firstline;Apr2007, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to work. One person asks about legal holiday payments and explains that the hospital that she works with has an inconsistent holiday policy. Another reader asks for suggestions on how to quit her job gracefully. She asks for advice on what to...
- Today's hot job skill: quitting nicely. Hearn, Kelly // Christian Science Monitor;8/21/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 189, p16
Discusses how more people are quitting their jobs to move to another job opportunity. Influence of a strong economy and a tight labor market; Suggestions for resigning appropriately, including length of notice and exit interviews; Other ideas involving employment etiquette. INSETS: How to...
- CONFERENCE ROUND-UP. // People Management;7/6/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p12
Provides information on several issues regarding employment in the United States. Details on the increase in resignations in several firms; Demand for information technology employees; How to study the facial expressions of employees.