School Specialty Seeks COO and Other Executive Posts
- IL '10 Science Postponed As Adoption Market Weakens. // Educational Marketer;8/31/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p1
The article reports on the postponement of the planned 2010 adoption of science materials to 2011 in North Carolina. It highlights the reduction in the state budget for public schools by 350 million dollars in appropriation funds. According to David Vander Zanden, chief executive officer (CEO)...
- School Specialty Expects Little Boost from Federal Stimulus Funds. // Educational Marketer;8/31/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p5
The article reports on the expectations of David Vander Zanden, chief executive officer (CEO) of K-12 publisher and distributor School Specialty Inc., for federal stimulus funding in the U.S. He highlights the delays and reduction in spending throughout the educational system. He stresses that...
- School Specialty Looks to a Better Spring 2011. // Educational Marketer;12/ 6/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p1
The article forecasts the financial performance of Wisconsin-based School Specialty Inc. for fiscal year 2011. School Specialty chief executive officer (CEO) David Vander Zanden believes that the school year 2011 is the company's trough for school funding. It also notes that the company expects...
- Weathering Tough Year, School Specialty Looks Ahead. // Educational Marketer;2/28/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p6
The article looks into the business operations of School Specialty Inc. which is experiencing a decline of its revenue by 12.9% to 89.8-million dollars in the third quarter ended January 23, 2010 in the U.S. Despite the monetary inadequacies, the company continues to invest in product...
- Vander Zanden Plans To Retire; School Specialty Has Good Spring. // Educational Marketer;7/4/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p1
The article announces the retirement of David Vander Zanden as president and chief executive officer (CEO) at School Specialty Inc.
- BEBE NAMES WAMBACH. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/2/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 20, p2
Reports on the appointment of Barbara Wambach as president and chief operating officer of the Bebe Sport division in Brisbane, California.
- Diebold Seeks Successor to COO. // American Banker;6/2/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 104, p6
This article reports on the announcement made by Diebold Inc. of North Canton, Ohio, of having begun an official search for a chief operating officer to succeed Wesley B. Vance, who died in April 2003 in a plane crash. Mr. Vance had been chief operating officer since 2001. He had joined the...
- VISTA APPOINTS NEW COO. // Boxoffice;Aug2016, Vol. 152 Issue 8, p9
The article announces the hiring of Derek Forbes as Vista Group International chief operating officer.
- Specialty Lowers Guidance for Fiscal 2012. // Educational Marketer;12/5/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the decline of School Specialty guidance for fiscal 2012 because of slowdown in sales in Accelerated Learning in Greenville, Wisconsin. According to School Specialty president and chief executive officer (CEO) David Vander Zanden, the industry experienced a slowdown of...