Accounting and Social Sciences Drive Wiley's Higher Education Revenue Growth
- Digital Hitting its Marks at Wiley Education. // Educational Marketer;3/21/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p5
The article focuses on the sales growth at academic publishing company John Wiley & Sons Inc., which was attributed to digital-based solutions. According to the March 2014 financial results presented by Wiley chief executive officer (CEO) and president Steve Smith, sales for enrollment...
- Wiley Benefits From Diversification. // Publishers Weekly;7/13/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 28, p9
The article reports on the financial performance of John Wiley & Sons in the fiscal year that ended on April 30, 2009. Majority of Wiley's revenue, which amounted to $1.61 billion, is represented by journal and journal-related products, while the books and related book products generated the...
- Margins Up At Wiley. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/25/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 26, p7
The article discusses publishing company John Wiley & Sons as of June 2012, focusing on the company's fiscal year 2012 increases in sales and operating income, and it also provides a chart which details the company's segment sales figures in groups such as professional/trade and scientific.
- Wiley Higher Ed Revenue Grows 8.6% in Fiscal 2011. // Educational Marketer;7/4/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the 8.5% to 48.3 million dollar growth in John Wiley & Sons Inc.'s Higher Education revenue due to increased shool enrollment and strong back list sales as reflected in the 2011 financial report ended April 30. It says that the company prepares for the launch of the...
- Wiley Sees Digital Having Impact in Higher Education Results. // Educational Marketer;9/27/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p2
The article offers information on the results of the fiscal 2011 first-quarter financial performance of John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the U.S. It mentions that the company's digital sales has impacted the margins of the higher education segment as its contribution to profit increased by 26 percent....
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;3/11/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 10, p4
News briefs related to books and publishing are presented for March 11, 2013. Distribution executive Mark Suchomel from Chicago, Illinois company Independent Publishers Group (IPG) has quit. Publisher John Wiley & Sons plans to cut costs to transition to digital publishing. Sales of Harlequin...
- Sales, profits jump at Wiley. // Publishers Weekly;6/24/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 26, p16
Reports on the financial gains posted by John Wiley & Sons as of April 30, 1996. Rise in sales and net income; Increase in profit margin over figures in 1995; Acquisitions made by Wiley.
- Wiley looks to acquisitions, Intl. expansion. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/4/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 36, p12
Reports that John Wiley & Sons spent $12.3 million on niche acquisition in the fiscal year ended April 30, 1995. Expansion of business through new products; Performance of international sales.
- Wiley has third year of solid growth. // Publishers Weekly;6/26/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 26, p22
Reports on the financial performance of John Wiley & Sons Inc. for the fiscal year ended April 30, 1995. Revenues; Net income; Sales.