Convergence of Content and Technology Will Shake Up the Education Market and Industry: McGraw-Hill
- McGraw-Hill Posts Solid First-Quarter Results. // Book Publishing Report;5/3/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p5
Reports on the corporate profits of New York-based McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. for the first quarter of 2004. Strong performance of the financial services division of the company in the education and advertising markets; Decline of the net income; Increase of the revenue of the education unit.
- Harcourt, McGraw-Hill In Two-Way Contest In Calif. Health Adoption. // Educational Marketer;2/14/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the business competition between Harcourt Inc. and McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc., the only companies whose textbooks are on the approved list in California. Number of textbook titles of the publishers that are on the approved list; Approval of the adoption list by the U.S. Board of Education;...
- McGraw-Hill Reorganization Done, Sets Sights On Finance Titles. // Book Publishing Report;2/14/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p3
The article focuses on McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. that completed its business-wide reorganization. Under the new structure, the company is no longer divided along product lines and trade book publishing is spread throughout its professional group instead of being its own division. McGraw-Hill...
- McGraw-Hill Cos. Begins Tribune Integration. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 43, p10
Reports that McGraw-Hill Cos. is in the process of integrating the acquired Tribune Education divisions into its own units as of October 23, 2000. Elimination of jobs at the Tribune units; Details of the integration; Total revenues of the education publishing unit of McGraw.
- State Moves on Textbooks Could Extend Market Slump. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;3/19/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p8
his article focuses on the prediction of educational publishers about the increase in sales prospects for K-12 education for 2003 in the United States. "Targeted federal funds are flowing into the marketplace to drive change in the U.S. education system," said Harold McGraw III, the chief...
- McGraw-Hill and MSC.Software Develop Interactive Package. // Educational Marketer;11/01/99, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p5
Reports that McGraw-Hill Higher Education, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, will use an MSC.Software product to enhance its engineering textbook series.
- McGraw-Hill EM's Largest U.S. K-12 Print Supplemental Publisher, 2000. // Educational Marketer;7/2/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the leadership of McGraw-Hill in K-12 supplemental print publishing in 2001.
- At Mid-Point, Pearson Education and McGraw-Hill Are Bullish On The Year. // Educational Marketer;8/6/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p7
Reports on the sales and earnings of publishers McGraw-Hill and Pearson Education for the first half of 2001.
- McGraw-Hill Education Leads EM's U.S. Print Supplemental Publishing Index for 2002. // Educational Marketer;7/7/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the number one rank of McGraw-Hill at the top EM's index of the largest publishers in the U.S. Total amount of sales from supplementary materials in the year 2002; Percentage of sales growth; Corporate revenue.