To A Healthy New Year
- Mighty blueberries beat the aging process. // Food Management;Jan2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p41
Focuses on the nutritional benefits of blueberries. Inclusion on breakfast meal; Source of vitamins; Concentration of antioxidants.
- Blueberries. // Current Health 2;Apr/May2000, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p2
Recommends the eating of blueberries to fight against disease and aging.
- Too Little Calcium Means Too Much Weight. Zyla, Gail; Brayfield, Amy // Arthritis Today;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p19
Focuses on a research regarding the effect of calcium intake on body weight. Effect of calcium on hormones in the body; Significance of calcium to arthritics; Information on the recommended Dietary Reference Intake of calcium for non-pregnant adults.
- Calcium Supplements to Prevent Colorectal Adenomas. Sandler, Robert S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb2005, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p395
Calcium supplements have been shown to decrease the risk of colorectal adenomas. In this issue of theJournal, Shaukatet al.report the results of a systematic review and metaanalysis of randomized controlled trials of calcium supplementation. The authors statistically combined the data from the...
- ASK TUFTS EXPERTS. Lichtenstein, Alice H.; J., Gerald; R., Dorothy // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Sep2015, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to nutrition including how frozen and dried blueberries compare in nutrition and brain benefits, whether potassium sorbate is safe and whether calcium added to almond milk count as a food or a supplement.
- A Beautiful Bite. Brown, Linda J. // Arthritis Today;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p27
Deals with the effect of vitamin C and calcium rich foods on the health of teeth and gums. Prevention of periodontal disease; Role of calcium in maintaining a strong base for the teeth; Forms of arthritis linked with dental problems.
- WORD OF MOUTH. Williams, Margaret // Essence (Time Inc.);Jun2004, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p211
Focuses on food and nutrition in the U.S. Health benefits of blueberries; Theme of the National Hunger Awareness Day in June 2004; Information on the Strawberry Passion ice-cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery.
- Medical blues? Try blueberries for relief. Deas // New York Amsterdam News;07/22/99, Vol. 90 Issue 30, p15
Discusses the health benefits of blueberries. Fiber for preventing constipation and colon cancer; Antioxidant properties of ellagic acid, a substance found abundantly in blueberries.
- Food Fight! Kadey, Matthew // Runner's World;Sep2010, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p49
The article presents information on healthy foods and options for runners, including blueberries, turkey breast, and almond butter.