ARAMARK, SCHOOLS HONOR AGRICULTURE:
- FOOD AND SCHOOLS: BACKGROUND TO THE ISSUES. Misako, Andrea; Fisher, Andrew // Healthy Farms, Healthy Kids: Evaluating the Barriers & Opportuni;Jan2001, p1
A section from the book "Healthy Farms, Healthy Kids: Evaluating the Barriers and Opportunities for Farm-to School Programs" is presented. It explores the content in which farm-to-school programs in the U.S. operate. It examines the crisis small farmers find themselves in today and delineates...
- Schools ripe for farmers. // Oregon Business Magazine;Sep2007, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p15
The article discusses the plans to incorporate local products produced by farmers in the meals being served at the schools in Oregon. The author mentioned that getting local foods into school cafeterias could mean big business for Oregon farmers. The effort called the "Oregon Farmers Feeding...
- SECTION 3: FARM-TO-SCHOOL POLICIES AND RECOMMENDATIONS. Misako, Andrea; Fisher, Andrew // Healthy Farms, Healthy Kids: Evaluating the Barriers & Opportuni;Jan2001, p42
A section from the book "Healthy Farms, Healthy Kids: Evaluating the Barriers and Opportunities for Farm-to School Programs" is presented. It outlines some of the key policy arenas related to farm-to-school efforts in the U.S. that includes child nutrition-related programs as well as programs...
- Grant kicks off farm-to-fork effort. Kincheloe, Michael // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/ 3/2012, p1
The article reports on the development of the Food System Alliance comprised of the members of the U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development, the Fresno County Economic Opportunities Commission, the Fresno Business Council to enable farmers supply in school cafeterias in California.
- Objectives for public sector procurement. // Farmers Weekly;11/17/2006, Vol. 145 Issue 20, p30
The article discusses the objectives of the Public Sector Food Procurement Initiative which was launched in Great Britain in 2003. The initiative is a part of the government's Strategy for Sustainable Food and Farming. It aims to raise production and process standards, increase tenders from...
- Snack Attack. Lawn, John // Food Management;Apr2001, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on a USDA report criticizing in-school snack and soft drink sales. Competition between nutritional and school foodservice authorities and snack food and soft drink vendors; Other issues associated with in-school availability of 'competitive foods'; Call for additional regulation.
- What they like and eat. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p88
Reports on the popular foods in some schools in the United States. Salad-made exhibition-style in the dining room at The School at Church Farm; Family-style meals at the Wooster School in Danbury, Connecticut; Popularity of pizzas at the Desert Sands Unified school district in California.
- DID YOU KNOW? // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;03/12/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 19, p2
Reports on the nutritional value of foods served at public schools in the United States.
- WITH MORE DO-IT-YOURSELF: Blair Academy redesign improves customer 'flow'. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p36
Reports on the increase in the number of students eating at the improved servery and dining room at Blair Academy in Blairstown, New Jersey since it reopened. Change in the entire layout of the servery; Increase in food variety; Cost of the entire renovation.