WAKEEN GETS THE NOD:
- NUTRITION Update From the Front Line. Clark, Nancy // American Fitness;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p42
Focuses on the American Dietric Association's Food and Nutrition Conference in Denver, Colorado. Features of the Cook It Quick program; Importance of total calorie intake as determining factor of weight and fat loss; Prevalence of amenorrhea among female athlete triad.
- COMING UP IN MARCH ELECTIONS: Battle brewing for control of American Dietetic Association. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p2
Reports on the developments at the national meeting of the American Dietetic Association held in Denver, Colorado, in Octber 2000. Request for unity; Deterioration of member morale.
- ADA conference registration. // Food Management;Sep97, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p31
Reports on the registration of the American Dietetic Association's Annual Meeting and Exhibition on October 27 to 30, 1997 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts.
- ADA holds 80th annual confab, chews fat on US eating habits. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/10/97, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p21
Examines the topics discussed at the 80th annual convention of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) held on October 27-30, 1997 at Boston, Massachusetts. Introduction of `Food Guide Pyramid for Older Americans'; `The American Dietetic Association Guide to Women's Nutrition for Healthy...
- PRESIDENT'S SPOT. IN CELEBRATION OF YOU. Czermanski, Kathy // Today's Dietitian;Mar2012, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented on topics including the National Nutrition Month, nominations for the dietitian award, and its CE Learning Library.
- years of SERVICE. // Human Ecology;Fall2014, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p43
The article announces that Ronni Chernoff, director of the Arkansas Geriatric Education Center at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and former president of the American Dietetic Association (ADA), has received the Marjorie Hulsizer Copher Award from the ADA.
- DELEGATE'S REPORT. // Digest (South Dakota Dietetic Association);2011, p2
Information about the topics discussed at the House of Delegates (HOD) meeting held in Boston, Massachusetts on November 4-5, 2010 is presented. Topics include healthcare reform, the multidisciplinary membership category, and amendments on the scope of the Commission on Accreditation for...
- nutrition news from the experts. Lofshult, Diane // IDEA Fitness Journal;Apr2009, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p50
The article features some reports presented during the annual American Dietetic Association's Food and Nutrition Conference & Expo held in Chicago, Illinois in October 2008. Reports include the value of exercise to avoid sarcopenia, the role of nutrition in improving memory and delaying...
- Supermarket industry seeks closer links to dietitians. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p6
Reports that during the American Dietetic Association's 80th annual meeting in Boston, Massachusetts, Tim Hammonds, president of the Food Marketing Institute called for closer ties between dietitians and the supermarket industry. Store-level view of the American diet; What the supermarket...