Knox recycles plastic
- A Beautiful Way to Use Milk Cartons. Lasoff, Melanie A. // Waste Age;Sep99, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p30
Reports on a milk carton composting project undertaken by the Los Angeles, California Unified School District as of September 1999. Amount of cartons composted; Number of schools involved; Uses of the compost produced.
- Southern Style. // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p12
The article profiles Mary Lou Henry, foodservice director at Knox County Schools in Knoxville, Tennessee. She graduates with a Bachelor of Science degree in education and master's in educational administration from Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville. Henry was the home economics teacher at...
- Cartons become stationery. // Dairy Industries International;Jan1996, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p5
Reports that twenty tons of milk cartons have been shipped to Norway to be recycled into items of stationery.
- Tennessee Titan. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;1/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p24
The article profiles Mary Lou Henry, food service director for Knox County, Tennessee schools. She installed a computerized point-of-sale system, which replaced the old cash register system. Among other things, the new system allows for easier tracking of student meals and transferring of...
- CAFETERIA COMPOSTING IN SOUTHERN MAINE. Ramsay, David // BioCycle;Apr2008, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p25
This article examines a food waste and milk carton recycling program that is being run at three schools in southern Maine. The program was initiated at the Marshwood Great Works School located in South Berwick, Maine. The program was the idea of student Sophie Towle and was implemented with the...
- milestones. // FoodService Director;6/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p18
The article announces the appointments of Bill Notte as director of food and nutrition services at Huntsville Hospital, Doris Marzett as school food service supervisor for the Lincoln Parish School System, and the retirement of Mary Lou Henry as food service director of Knox County Schools.
- Box score. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb96, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the possibility of recycling milk and juice drink boxes in the United States.
- 2 provinces address milk container concerns. Acohido, Byron // Waste News;03/27/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 45, p11
Describes the approach adopted by the governments of Canadian provinces Nova Scotia and Alberta to dispose and recycle milk containers. Dairy companies' role in recycling milk cartons; Public and private sector coordination to address the issue; Details of recycling programs adopted; Volume of...
- Well on Their Way. // FoodService Director;10/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p9
The article presents an interview with several school food service directors in the U.S. about the implementation of mandated wellness policies in their districts under the Child Nutrition Reauthorization Act of 2004. The efforts of Mary Lou Henry of Knox County Schools in Knoxville, Tennessee...