Students flock to Berkshire
- Best Renovation: The Blue Wall. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;8/23/2015, p1
The article focuses on a renovation of the Blue Hall dining facility located at the Lincoln D. Murray Campus Center, University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
- BOOSTING SALES, CHECK AVERAGES: College foodcourts add Tyson's Sunset Strips. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the two United States universities that opened Tyson's Sunset Strips food service units in cash operations. University of Massachusetts in Amherst; University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.
- Third-party Certification Improves Healthy Option Consumption at U Mass. // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the aid of third-party certification in improving the healthy option consumption at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, wherein the university has partnered with Sanitas Per Escam (SPE) Certified.
- Full-Flavored Program. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p26
The article features University of Massachusetts, Amherst food service director Ken Toong. It offers information on how he has turned the UMass Dining program into one of the largest revenue-producing campus dining operations in the country. He had used a variety of methods to grow his program...
- The Breakfast Pizza. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;1/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p36
The article reports on a breakfast pizza program launched by Ken Toong, executive director of dining services at University of Massachusetts at Amherst. There are three varieties of the thin-crusted product, two savory and one sweet, offered in smaller bites than is typical for pizza....
- THE BIG SCHOOL THAT COULD. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jun2007, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p58
The article explores the comprehensive campus food service programs offered by the University of Massachusetts Department of Dining Services in Amherst, Massachusetts. The popularity of the food service offered by the school department lies in its meal plan which is based on the number of...
- U-Mass pumps up pizza sales. // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the increase in pizza sales at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst following the decision to replace an in-house concept with a branded one called Famous Famiglia Pizzeria. Percentage of increase in pizza sales; Number of pizza slices sold by Famous Famiglia weekly; Factors...
- Mass appeal: Dining hall gets upgrade. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;11/20/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 47, p48
The article announces the opening of Berkshire Dining Commons, an upscale food service facility, by University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Massachusetts. The project opened during Labor Day weekend, is the university's first major renovation in about 40 years and designed for competition with...
- Site seeing. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/19/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p26
Reports on the addition of dim sum to the University of Massachusetts at Amherst's all-you-can-eat dining program. Dishes included in the food items; Comments from Dining Services director Ken Toong.