Purdue chooses churrasco
- Purdue marches on. // FoodService Director;3/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the success of the Fred and Mary Ford Dining Court at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. Percentage of increase in the customers at the dining court; Reasons behind the success of the Court, according to food service director Sarah Johnson; Plan of Purdue University...
- Kitchen Cabinet. Freschet, Paula // Sunset;Jun2001, Vol. 206 Issue 6, p164
Presents recipes from 'Sunset' magazine readers as of June 2001. Sweet and Sticky Oven-Barbecued Pork Back Ribs; Black Bean-Mango Salsa; Roasted Vegetable Pasta Primavera.
- Barbeque Italian Style. // Italian America;Fall2014, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p16
The article focuses on roasting arrosticini or spiedini which is a tradition in Italy, along with the use of the il cubo or the cube for preparation of the spiedini.
- COOK'S TIP. // Better Homes & Gardens;Jun2010, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p196
The article shares a tip for keeping meat moist and adding flavor while roasting or grilling with a closed grill.
- WAGYU BEEF. Lobel, Stanley // New York;9/18/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p66
The article presents an instruction in preparing for a roasted wagyu beef.
- WITH DINING HALL CONSOLIDATION: Purdue Univ. gears up for fall grand opening. // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the opening of the Earhart Dining Court dining hall at Purdue University in Lafayette, Indiana to select customers in spring 2003. Remarks from food service director Sarah Johnson regarding the consolidation and renovation of dining halls at the university; Food service structure of...
- UNDER THE DOME. Willoughby, John; Schlesinger, Chris // Gourmet;Jun2008, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p37
The article traces the development of smoke-roasting. According to the author, George Stephen created the first covered backyard grill in 1951. The author explains that smoke-roasting is basically like oven-roasting; the difference is that the former is done outside and that the fuel used is...
- INTO THE WOODS. Kaman, Melissa // Gourmet;Jun2004, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p50
Explores the use of fruitwoods in grilling. Effect of aroma on the flavor of the food; Use of fig wood in grilling of king salmon; Smoke-roasting; Fruitwoods offered by Smokehouse Woods.
- then & now BARBECUES. // Australian House & Garden;Jan2013, p64
The article discusses a brief history of barbecue in Australia from 1948 to 2013. It mentions that Australians have a substantial appetite for outdoor-cooked food which were bugged by fatty outburst. It notes that in the 1950s George Stephen from Chicago, Illinois invented the Barbecue Kettle...