YOUTH, COOKING COMBINE IN MANAGEMENT
- How to assure produce safety. Grover, Steve // Food Management;Feb99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p62
Discusses issues of concern for food service operators about food safety during food preparation. Steps aimed at preventing microbial contamination; Availability of publications that provide information on produce safety, labeling and nutrition.
- Food Safety at Temporary Events. // Restaurant Hospitality;Nov2006, Vol. 90 Issue 11, p92
The article offers some tips from food safety experts to keep off-site events free of the risk of foodborne illnesses. Obtain permits and food code requirements from local health departments or government agencies and give them information such as where to hold the event, the number of people to...
- CHAPTER 2: Kitchen Management. Brown, Douglas Robert // Encyclopedia of Restaurant Forms: A Complete Kit of Ready-to-Use;2004, pC1
Chapter 2 of the book "The Encyclopedia of Restaurant Forms," by Douglas Robert Brown is presented. It highlights the proper kitchen management which include the common equivalents and metric measurements. It explores the comprehensive food costing system. Several forms and sheets are also...
- Chefs must be trained to meet changes of the 21st century. Van Landingham, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;4/4/94, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p34
Stresses the need to train chefs in order to meet the challenges of the food service industry in the 21st century. Chefs as change agents; Evolution of culinary training and methods; Use of computers; Major impact of science and research; Significance of nutrition; Improvement of techniques for...
- Make your recipes measure up. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p32
Presents the fundamentals of converting recipe measurements for food service managers. Determination of suitability of recipe for volume production; Consideration of food cost and labor requirements; Importance of time factor in recipe; Suitability of available food service equipment;...
- Food Protection Management Training Class Available to Food Service. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);1/11/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p4
The article offers information on a two-day Food Protection Management training for food service Managers in Big Country area to be held at Taylor County Extension in Abilene, Texas on February 26 and March 5, 2007.
- Micromanaging Food. King, Paul // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p28
The author criticizes the tendency of food service operators to micromanage food in the U.S., which results to evaluating all foods in terms of their content and the impact of each ingredients. He contends that the conference sponsored by the National Restaurant Association is the latest example...
- Battle for burrito supremacy may hit Indy. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p12A
Reports competition among the food service industry in Indianapolis, Indiana. Plans Chipotle to open quick-service chain for burritos; Impact of the plans to the local market; Emphasis on the marketing strategy of companies.
- Computrition Integrates POS, Back Office Programs. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;4/19/2012, p5
The article reports Computrition's integration of its Foodservice Operations Management (FOM) and SuitePoint Point-of-Sale (POS) products which will allow the accurate forecasting of recipes, ingredients and stock items.