How to Get Started in the Planned Giving Arena
- Coping with Wrenches in the Charitable Giving Toolbox. Grote, Jim // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p40
This paper offers a look at changes and trends in the charitable giving landscape in the U.S. The increased exemption equivalent for estate tax purposes makes estate tax savings less of a motivating factor in establishing charitable bequests and trusts. In addition to economic downturn and...
- Warning: Few planners are really `fee only.' Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;1/14/97, Vol. 89 Issue 34, p9
States that two thirds of financial planners or offices in the United States, claimed to offer fee-only services. Different services performed by financial consultants; Results of a survey by the Consumer Federation of America and the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors; How...
- Record number of CFP licensees announced. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Mar1994, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p74
Reports that there are 27,817 certified financial planners in the United States as of December 31, 1993 compared with 25,538 in 1992.
- Survey profiles financial planners, their clients. Friedman, Amy S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/7/95, Vol. 99 Issue 32, p6
Presents the results of the 1995 CFP Survey of Trends in Financial Planning, conducted by the National Endowment For financial Education on expectations of financial planning professional of continued growth of their practice. Aging cohort of babyboomers as the strongest driver of practice...
- As the experts put it: There you go again, dimwit. Graulich, David // Business Press;8/4/95, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p27
Comments of financial experts who dispense non-stop advice about money. Personal financial advice as a hot growth industry in the United States; Fixation of the experts on retirement issues; Rise of financial experts having coincided with the decline of the fitness gurus.
- Ambitions & aspirations in 1998. Longo, Tracey // Financial Planning;Jan1998, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p116
Features the leading financial planners' business strategies for maintaining quality service for their clients in 1998. Respective profiles and goals.
- Let the good times roll. // Financial Planning;Jan1998, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p122
Presents the four leading fee-only financial planners' respective views on the hottest topics in the industry today. Client expectations; Direction of the markets.
- The rise of Zero Alpha. Braham, Lewis // Financial Planning;Jan1998, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p127
Features the Zero Alpha group of passivist and their active marketing campaign that is singling them out as a leading advocate of passive investment strategy in the United States. Success of members of Zero Alpha in the business.
- The silver bullet. Bowen Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Jan1998, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p137
Provides practical insights for financial advisers on how to successfully build asset management business. Focus on client relationships; Marketing methods; Relationship marketing.