Strategic Asset Allocation: Make Love, Not War
- Asset allocation: The first step to improved returns. Ludwig, Robert S. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Oct95, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p98
Discusses the need for healthcare financial managers to analyze asset allocation in reviewing investment strategies. Keys to achieving investment goals; Effects of asset class allocation; Strategies for maximizing performance while managing risks; Effect of an asset/liability simulation model;...
- Diversity to reduce risk. // Association Management;Feb96, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p162
Focuses on asset allocation as a factor to the success of an investment. Asset allocation decision as the percentage of an investment placed in stocks, bonds and cash; Legg Mason and Ibbotson Associates' development of Legg Mason Strategic Allocator.
- Allocate your assets... Brown, Carolyn M. // Black Enterprise;Mar1999, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p60
Offers advice in asset allocation amid financial market shifts in 1999. Generic asset classes; Comments from investment manager, Eric McKissack; Samples of investment portfolios.
- HOW ASSET ALLOCATION PAYS. Day, Daniel M. // ColoradoBiz;Sep2000, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p18
Provides guidelines for smart asset allocation in order to maximize portfolio. Focus on goals and time horizon; Determination of comfort with risk; Diversification of investments; Rebalance of portfolio.
- Finding the right mix. Spradley, Mark M. // Black Enterprise;Oct2000, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p36
Offers a look at several factors which affected the concept of asset allocation in 2000. Impact of sector rotation; Importance of diversified portfolio and long-term perspective; Four portfolios on asset diversification and risk tolerance.
- Tortoise and hare. Marr, Julian // Money Marketing;3/31/2011, p53
The article presents the author's views on the central principle of investment in line with asset allocation, incompatibility of investment, and behavioural finance.
- How Big Is the Client's Pie? Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Dec99, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p43
Offers suggestions to brokers on how to encourage a client in disclosing the size and nature of her assets. Comments from Barbara Levin, the executive director of the Forum for Investor Advice; Why investors are silent about their holdings; Classes of investors that are unlikely to open up.
- The right mix. Keeley, David P. // CA Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p29
Focuses on asset allocation in the personal finance arena. Importance of asset allocation to overall performance of the portfolio; Listing of articles which which deal with the importance of asset allocation; Steps to asset allocation; Listing of key issues relating to the economy and the...
- Asset ALLOCATION. Kosnett, Jeffrey R. // LAN: Life Association News;Aug99, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p44
Reports that academic researchers have argued that the most significant decision in managing a portfolio of investments is asset allocation. Need for the financial advisor and the client to approach asset allocation in harmony; Literature about asset allocation; Examples of how a few...