False Confidence About Retirement?â€¦
- The Retirement Reality Gap…. // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p14
The article reports results from a study performed by the Employee Benefit Research Institute. The Institute's findings reveal a sizeable gap between the financial realities of current retirees, and how workers envision their own finances upon retirement. Half of workers expect the largest...
- Retirement Lifestyles, Classical Faves, Etc. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek;7/26/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 29, p32
A poll of "pre-retirees" finds that staying in their own homes after retirement is the preferred living arrangement for 86 percent of them. The survey was conducted for the MetLife Mature Market Institute in conjunction with AARP Health Care Options. Next in preference were apartments...
- ERC poll shows interest-only big problem for retirees. Thickett, Robert // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);9/18/2012, p3
The article reports that retirees with interest-only mortgages would be a problem in the next five years, according to the results of a public opinion poll conducted by the Equity Release Council (ERC) in Great Britain in 2012.
- Submission for Review: Annuitant's Report of Earned Income, RI 30-2. Berry, John // Federal Register;11/2/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 213, p66190
The article focuses on a notice issued by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) regarding solicitation of comments on the information collection request (ICR). The ICR entitled "Annuitant's Report of Earned Income" determines the earned income of the disability retirees resulting in the...
- Workers and Retirees Put Retirement on Hold... // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p13
The article discusses public opinion polls which looked at actions workers plan on taking in regards to their retirement. The polls have found that some people plan on postponing retirement and some retirees plan on returning to work. A survey by the AARP which found that a majority of people...
- Inheritance is not a priority for the silent generation. // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/4/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 27, p15
Reports that retirees are confident that they have enough money to live comfortably based from the recent poll in the U.S. Income and spending patterns for the silent generation when deciding how much they can spend during retirement; Percentage of the respondents who have multiple sources of...
- Annuity owners confident about retirement. Holbrook, Emily // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;Dec2014, Vol. 118 Issue 12, p15
The article reports on a study from the LIMRA Secure Retirement Institute concerning the attitude of annuity owners in the U.S. about retirement. According to the study, majority of annuity owners are confident about their retirement readiness, with household labeled as mass-affluent the most...
- WEB POLL RESULTS. // Rubber & Plastics News;2/22/2010, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p8
The article presents the results of an online public opinion poll by the journal on whether jobs are enabling people to save enough money towards retirement.
- Retirement. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;7/27/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p2261
Presents the result of public opinion polls about retirement in the U.S. Retirement age preferred by adults in the country; Stock investment preference of retired adults.