People in the News
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS... // Book Publishing Report;06/04/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p7
Reports on the appointment of executives in the publishing company Scholastic Inc. Bernette Ford as the Editorial Director of Special Projects; Involvement of L. Spencer Humphrey as the director of mass merchandise book product; Addition of the title of vice president, deputy publisher to Ellie...
- Magic Potion. Viveiros, Beth Negus // Direct;8/1/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p47
Interviews Seth Radwell, president of publishing company Scholastic, regarding the state of e-commerce at the company as of 2005. Popularity of the book "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"; Challenges to reaching diverse audiences; Effect of its Web site on the company's operation of...
- Peopleware. // Online;May/Jun2005, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p10
This article presents an update on the personnel changes in the information services industry, as of May 2005. Arie Jongejan is the new CEO at Swets Information Services, headquartered in The Netherlands. He previously held a range of senior management positions at Elsevier. Meanwhile, Thomson...
- Magic Potion. Viveiros, Beth Negus // Direct;8/1/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the efforts of publishing company Scholastic to redesign its Web site as of August 2005. Views of company president Seth Radwell on his goal with regards to the Web site; Online plan of the company.
- Scholastic VP Named. Minkel, Walter // School Library Journal;Aug2004, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p24
Reports on the appointment of Mark Cummings as vice president and publisher of reference products at Scholastic's library publishing division. Career background; Scope of his responsibilities at the division.
- People. // Publishers Weekly;12/11/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 49, p16
The article reports on career developments involving executives in the U.S. publishing industry. Sam Scinta has been promoted from associate publisher to president and publisher of Golden, Colorado-based Fulcrum Publishing. Seth Radwell has been appointed president of the Scholastic at Home...
- New Marketing V-P at Scholastic. // Publishers Weekly;8/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 32, p120
Reports on the appointment of Linda Keene as executive vice-president of the marketing department at U.S. publishing company Scholastic. Responsibilities of the appointee; Experience of Keene in the financial services industry.
- Without A Harry Potter Book, Scholastic Needs New Magic In 2002. // Educational Marketer;8/6/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p9
Reports on the sales and revenue expectations of publisher Scholastic Inc. for 2002.
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;1/21/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the decrease in revenues of the New York-based educational publisher Scholastic.